Discuss this really puts the plum in plumber. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You're book doesn't matter, the gas rules make a differentiation between sockets and cables.

50mm from cables and if my memory serves correctly it must be 100mm from sockets

If correct that calls for a reciprocal 7671 reg surely. The people who write the regs should talk to each other.

Did you cost 300 to install the wall socket? Why install it behind the pipe when space is at the side of the pipe? I think you cause trouble for customer making difficult to use the socket.
Lol, that was the funniest post I've seen in a while but I think you misunderstood the thread Jaris. The idiot plumber installed the pipe over the socket ;)

Eh? What has 7671 got to do with it?

7671 is non statutory, the gas regulations are law. Therefore the gas laws take precedence regardless of what the IET have to say.

No need to be aggressive now Dave. All I am trying to say is that all electricians might not be fully aware of all gas regulations. If a reciprocal reg was in 7671 then they would generally be aware. I don't think I said anything about the statutary status of anything?

Did you cost 300 to install the wall socket? Why install it behind the pipe when space is at the side of the pipe? I think you cause trouble for customer making difficult to use the socket.

Hahaha Jaris you're going in the hall of fame sunshine. Hands down one of the greatest comments there's ever been on this forum, well played sir!

I don't even care that its 50/50 between you being a troll or genuinley stupid - i frickin love ya! Keep up the good work.

No need to be aggressive now Dave. All I am trying to say is that all electricians might not be fully aware of all gas regulations. If a reciprocal reg was in 7671 then they would generally be aware. I don't think I said anything about the statutary status of anything?

That's not aggressive!

7671 has a reg which requires compliance with all other relevant standards and regulations.
If an electrician doesn't take the time to familiarise their self with such regulations then it is their funeral!

Reply to this really puts the plum in plumber. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net