Discuss Thoughts of experts welcome - ancient three phase install? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Thoughts of experts welcome. The first smart meter installer walked away as he wasn't three-phase qualified but i'm wondering whether we should get Western Power out beforehand or whether any other work would be recommended. Not sure what the supply box on the right is feeding and I think Noah was the last person to inspect the meter. M

Attachments

• IMG_0172.JPG
    425.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0173.JPG
    446.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0174.JPG
    684.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0175.JPG
    521.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0176.JPG
    501 KB · Views: 60
you need a wildlife expert first. can't disturb the spiders' natural habitat.

There's nothing there that Western Power are responsible for that needs any attention.

A bit of a dust over to clear the webs and spiders and as Tel, it may need permits, wildlife study, safe location to remove the spiders to etc.

It should be a straight forward exchange, a new 2 rate 3 phase meter and scrap the timeswitch, spiders permitting.

It isn't ancient. The corroded switch fuse may be redundant as it has three fuses sitting on top and evidence of a disconnected cable although it is still switched on. The newer one to the right of this no idea as someone has decided not to identify its purpose. The off peak meter to the right of the meter is likely to be redundant and could be removed.

Can't see too much wrong with that , especially the part that WP would be interested in. Earth wires are a bit untidy, there's some unused stuff that could do with removing, and the service connector blocks could do with straightening up.

It isn't ancient. The corroded switch fuse may be redundant as it has three fuses sitting on top and evidence of a disconnected cable although it is still switched on. The newer one to the right of this no idea as someone has decided not to identify its purpose. The off peak meter to the right of the meter is likely to be redundant and could be removed.
Seen one eaten through with rust.

Reply to Thoughts of experts welcome - ancient three phase install? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net