Discuss Tonight’s announcement 23rd march in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That's the way I read it. They might clarify exactly what that means... maybe...? But I'm not holding my breath.

I heard it as, if I can’t do that work from home I can go out and do it?
Depends how crucial (for ability to go about daily life) the work is; changing a light fitting for missus muggins because she's got a shiny new B&Q POS...not crucial - source of income sure.

Going to Mr Wallace who reports no power; attempt to troubleshoot over the phone (have you turned it off and on again) and if needed go as without power they have no cold food storage, no means of cooking (if elec cooker)

I'd make judgement calls about every job, and if I can't do the job right now (as the client agrees), get a deposit for the work and agree to do when this all blows over.

He should have stated key workers only. Ive booked the rest of the week as a holiday but I think all sites will close tomorrow.
Dark days but necessary.
new job starts tomorrow, home schooling my 6 year old lad:oops:

It boils down to what is deemed “necessary” work.
Health professional, chemist, food shops etc yes....
Delivery drivers who serve these categories. Yes.

Electricians with pre booked jobs, in peoples houses, that aren’t that important whether the job is done tomorrow, next week, next month?
Probably not.

I took it as, if you can’t work from home then travelling to and from work is acceptable.

The problem lies with him closing all non essential stores, electrical wholesalers are bound to shut, so unless you’ve got masses of stock, you can’t do much anyway.

I have job tomorrow finishing a cock up where I told the customer that pyro was to be put in when joiners put the new shed in ,where the old shed was pulled down and left the pyro on the floor and damaged , run around like a idiot trying find pyro gear .have the new shed built to put a elec /wheel chair in for charging .I will be going .

Depends how crucial (for ability to go about daily life) the work is; changing a light fitting for missus muggins because she's got a shiny new B&Q POS...not crucial - source of income sure.

Going to Mr Wallace who reports no power; attempt to troubleshoot over the phone (have you turned it off and on again) and if needed go as without power they have no cold food storage, no means of cooking (if elec cooker)

I'd make judgement calls about every job, and if I can't do the job right now (as the client agrees), get a deposit for the work and agree to do when this all blows over.
I’m not sure he said anything about crucial or only key workers can go to work just that you can leave the house for
Exercise once a day
Essential food
Medicine
Care for a vulnerable person
And work IF you can’t do it from home....I’m fairly sure I can’t change missus muggins lamp from home ?....untill he pays my wages and unless I’m ill work it is I’m afraid....

Are we key workers? Problem is I travel to 4 jobs a day sometimes, does that still count as to and from work? He needs to step up and make it clear that statement hasnt cleared up anything except to limit my already extremely limited exercise. But I can live with that.

Reply to Tonight’s announcement 23rd march in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock