Search the forum,

Discuss Torque Screwdrivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

What I am trying to say is sparkies have come this far without using them, in my mind connection tightness is something you learn during your training- same goes for not screwing down on insulation or leaving too much exposed copper for example...

I'm sure it's been muted before, IMO the onset of torque screwdrivers as a must have item has come about because of poor working practices among Electricians, the same as AMD3 CUs, I am convinced this is the case, you only have to look at some the Trade pictures posted on this forum, people doing paid work when they are hardly experience enough.

Exactly my point pete999. It's a shame really, having to bring about such tools to cover for people's lack of care. Of course I'm not slating anyone who chooses to use one as that's just personal preference... as long as they don't need to rely on it :rolleyes:

I don't see an issue at all. With all the terminals inside a CU (or similar switchgear) can't see why you shouldn't use a device that verifies all the terminals are at the correct tightness, not too loose, not to tight rather just reliant on ones wrist action (!).

My only issue is, the device will need regular calibration, otherwise it defeats the whole point and its fine using it on a new install or manufactured products you use regularly, ensuring you have the correct torque settings.

Reply to Torque Screwdrivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back