Discuss Tradepoint discount via NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I didn't realise TP was same owner as Wickes. That's definitely another example, and Gavin is spot on there.

Our local bq used to be ok when it was one of their massive stores. I say ok only because it stocked absolutely everything, which could be occasionally handy. But that store has been chopped in half and is now as bad as homebase. @I2C I have been collared a couple of times dressed in my work gear but using the normal checkouts by staff asking why don't I sign up for the tradepoint. They generally look bemused when I show them I am! I tell them that there is virtually no point in me using the tradepoint counter as prices are often the same (or sometimes actually more expensive!), and the time it takes to get served is often ridiculous.
Funny enough, I used to work for one of the companies TP ownes, they include:- Benchmarks, Wickes, Tile Giant, BSS, PTS, City Plumbing, Tool-Station, Rudridge, Keyline, CCF, Installation Giant, Sustainable Building Solutions, The Underfloor Heating Store, DHS, City Heating Spares, Solfex, Birchwood Tools, F&P, Connections, Primaflow, Plumb-Nation, Scruffs, Iflo,Trade, Holdon, Bullet, Neue, Sektor, Defender, BOSS, Tradeline, Vanvault, Pro, Fresssh, Punk, AEC, NHance, Warm, Prowarm, etc....

I use me tradepoint card every time I go in B&Q, & not to get much electrical stuff or credit. Just get a discount off what your buying (not every time), then you just pay as normal. Can't see the issue, if it saves you some dosh.

Ditch me other dirty/old tradepoint card in favour of the Certsure one, haven't got a Scooby if it makes a difference in price. But if I can save 20p, 'it's one less thing' :)

I use me tradepoint card every time I go in B&Q, & not to get much electrical stuff or credit. Just get a discount off what your buying (not every time), then you just pay as normal. Can't see the issue, if it saves you some dosh.

Ditch me other dirty/old tradepoint card in favour of the Certsure one, haven't got a Scooby if it makes a difference in price. But if I can save 20p, 'it's one less thing' :)

That's my point though Mid, often it doesn't save you a penny and you normally have to wait much longer for the privilege! And as I say, sometimes the TP prices are more expensive than the prices on the shelves for Joe public. I compared it a few times before I came to this conclusion.
The NAPIT scheme as per the original post was/is pointless. I looked at it and you saved around 1p per backbox, so something in the region of ÂŁ3.00 saving per year. If it's a convenient place to go then fair enough, but I could probably go around three wholesalers in the time it takes to get served at TP. Standing around like a plum!

As I say, only use the card when I need to go in there. Use it only to get discount, like a loyalty card, and only at the B&Q till. Takes seconds just to scan it, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

I have a Trade Direct Insurance version of the Trade Point card, although there isn't a lot of discount (if any) on electrical items a lot of other single purchase items are sold at the multi-pack price.
You can use your Trade Point card at any till (and the self service tills) but it's often a ---- up as to if you buy with the Trade Point card or go for the "Joe Public" discounted price.
I've sometimes split the trolley and paid separately to get the best price.
It'll be better next year when I hit the magic 6-0 and get the OAP discount .... I'll be joining the Wednesday rush :)

Reply to Tradepoint discount via NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net