Discuss TT system - Reg 411.5.1 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Just looking at the second part of this reg with the statement " The neutral point or the midpoint of the power supply system shall be earthed. If the neutral point or midpoint is not available or not accessible, a line conductor shall be earthed"
My question is... I assume they are talking about the connection at the transformer sub station and if so why did they feel the need to add this, as I haven't seen it there before now?

TT system - Reg 411.5.1 {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

reg 411.5.1 it states every exposed conductive part is provided by a single PPD shall connected ,via the main earthing to the common earth terminal .

Hi - yes that is a new sentence in the 18th. Like you, I think they must be referring to the transformer mid point being earthed at origin, as per fig 3.10, which has not changed. Sorry, I’m at a loss why they’ve added it too.

Just looking at the second part of this reg with the statement " The neutral point or the midpoint of the power supply system shall be earthed. If the neutral point or midpoint is not available or not accessible, a line conductor shall be earthed"
My question is... I assume they are talking about the connection at the transformer sub station and if so why did they feel the need to add this, as I haven't seen it there before now?
This relates to portable generators.

I do you know why the a88 holes write the books and put the appendix at the back of the books is beyond me. when you are looking for things ,they has well right it in Chinese. or Arabic .

I do you know why the a88 holes write the books and put the appendix at the back of the books is beyond me. when you are looking for things ,they has well right it in Chinese. or Arabic .
It's like trying to read one of your posts Buzz... :D

Thanks for all the replies.... much appreciated!
I fully understand the principles of a TT system, but thanks to those who added anyway, just not the unnecessary insert in the regs and for what reason this is helpful to anyone, to be honest.

Reply to TT system - Reg 411.5.1 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock