Discuss Turning Programmer ON/OFF from 2 different locations in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

D80

Got a customer that wants to be able to turn the heating programmer on and off from two different locations (the kitchen where the current programmer is and also from the bedroom above).

Is there anything on the market that can do this?

Its a single channel programmer at present.

Customer wants 2 fixed locations, and on/off at either, so that rules that out unfortunately.

Heatmiser do a WiFi Enabled Programmable Thermostat - Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi
WiFi Enabled Programmable Thermostat - Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi - Heatmiser - Stylish Thermostats for Modern Living
conventional or combi-boiler systems - 3 wires, etc

That means that the heating can be controlled over the internet, and therefore, from an Android/iPhone/Blackberry/PC/iPad etc from any room in the house, any house, etc...!
If they wanted a wall mounted control, you could stick a cheap (£70) PCTablet on the wall for them.
£154 apparently, but you'll also need broadband and wifi at home.
I've never used any Heatmiser stuff, but this is somethign I came across as a potential for my house. I'm guessing honeywell and the others may also do wifi enabled controls, but I'm not sure.

I like the look of the WiFi enabled programmable thermostat mentioned by ecowarrior.

If the customer doesn't want to go that route, I think you need to find out what they actually want to achieve. It may be that simply adding a cheap timer situated in the bedroom in parallel with the programmer might do most of what they need. They can then have up to 2 hours heating without touching the programmer downstairs.

I'm thinking of something like this runback timer from Timeguard:
Timeguard Run Back Timer c/w Boost| MeteorElectrical.com

Cost is an issue I'd suspect, but will put that suggestion across. Was hoping there was a programmer about that could be controlled remotely and at source (like a 2 way programmer).

Will also suggest the Booster switch and/or fitting a room stat as well...

Reply to Turning Programmer ON/OFF from 2 different locations in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock