Discuss Type of Screws for electric shower? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Please advise a part number and quote for the 2 screws at the top of our Triton "T80Z fast fit" Shower.?
(Also please advise on the type/length of screw etc?)

T80Z

The screws needed are in positions 13 and 14 on the above Triton link.
Please also advise on what other parts (if any) are needed to prevent the front cover from coming off?

I wrote to Triton, asking about the screws, though they just replied saying "If the shower is under 30 days old we will send the cover screws free of charge if you send in a copy of your proof of purchase and your address and post code."

The shower is older than 30 days.

get some self tappers from screwfix. staring point is about 3mm diameter, unless the casing has embedded nuts, yhen you need the correct thread machine screws.

I think the three original screws would be stainless steel - the three short ones in pic below courtesy of eBay.
Two for the top, and one at the bottom.
There is the usual disclaimer in the manufacturers instructions saying that the supplied original screws must be used, and failure to do so will invalidate the warranty. OTT but I guess proper retention of the cover is a safety requirement so product liability leads them to make that statement.

In view of that, I would approach Triton again saying you don't have the required proof of purchase, but since they insist on the correct screws being used, could they please supply them! You could offer to pay postage!

7CFFA99F-E3F5-4DFE-9D09-FC53E2575C2E.jpeg

Thanks, so M3 stainless steel self-tappers, ~12mm long?

This morning i was in the shower with the water off just after the shower, i rested my hand on the shower unit, and the entire front panel came off, and i coudl see line and neutral (blue and brown wires) inside, etc etc.........so i rested the cover back on...but it was kind of difficult without the screws to make it stay....do you think this is a danger?

This video, and the 2nd part, makes me think water/electricity isnt actually dangerous after all?....

Last edited:
Thanks, so No 6 stainless steel self-tappers, ~12mm long?

This morning i was in the shower with the water off just after the shower, i rested my hand on the shower unit, and the entire front panel came off, and i coudl see line and neutral (blue and brown wires) inside, etc etc.........so i rested the cover back on...but it was kind of difficult without the screws to make it stay....do you think this is a danger?

This video, and the 2nd part, makes me think water/electricity isnt actually dangerous after all?....

There's definitely a danger! Please make sure the cover is secured as soon as possible.

He’s from Southampton…..oh god……must…….not……say……..anything!……must….fight…..the……urge…….😬
Yes but not any more...only lived in London Road , Southampton from 2017 to 2020....actually lived in Southsea at the Strand back in 1998....it was on the roundabout with a nightclub on it....something Villas Road i remember. Near where loads of B&B's are.

Yes but not any more...only lived in London Road , Southampton from 2017 to 2020....actually lived in Southsea at the Strand back in 1998....it was on the roundabout with a nightclub on it....something Villas Road i remember. Near where loads of B&B's are.
98? Probably Harry limes and Clarence rd?

98? Probably Harry limes and Clarence rd?
yes that sounds familiar......just looked on maps...it was Clarendon Road, and it looks like its called Martin Court now, though that front building wasnt there, we actually overlooked directly onto the Strand roundabout......The nightclub, i just remember it had an upstairs bit which overlooked the downstairs bit. Though we used to go to Joanna's quite a lot, and that Street in Southsea with all the curry houses and music venues.

yes that sounds familiar......just looked on maps...it was Clarendon Road, and it looks like its called Martin Court now, though that front building wasnt there, we actually overlooked directly onto the Strand roundabout......The nightclub, i just remember it had an upstairs bit which overlooked the downstairs bit. Though we used to go to Joanna's quite a lot, and that Street in Southsea with all the curry houses and music venues.
Albert road, that’s still thriving…..I’d keep quiet about Joanna’s ha ha ha….they’ve all gone now as well…

Reply to Type of Screws for electric shower? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net