Discuss UFH thermostat feed what size cable? in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B1gSte

-
Reaction score
Hi all.
I’m just planning out my electrics before boarding the new en suite.
Can someone verify.
Should a fused spur come directly from a socket or can I break in to a single cable using a Wago box? Also is 2.5mm2 cable ok to the thermostat?
I’m not making the connections, I will be employing an electrician at a later date. Just don’t want to get the wall boards in to find I’ve forgotten something later.

Thanks.

Yes in answer to your questions . But best consult an electrician, there may be other things to consider.

As above, doing the job safely is not just about making good connections. You need to find out the specs of the UFH and work out what the power requirements are. You then need to find out if an existing circuit is suitable, UFH could require a dedicated circuit depending on load. You also need to ensure all cables are suitibly protected and/or run in prescribed zones. It eould be best to get an electrican in now, to determine all of this, before floors and walls are fitted.

Thanks for your replies. It is a small 300W heating mat for 1.5m2. I have no intention of connecting anything. All I want to know at this moment in time is if I need to run a cable into a dry lining box on the outside of the en-suite, long enough to reach the nearest socket. Or can it be run to the nearest ring main cable and broken into at a later date. Thanks.

Edit: the room below has no ceiling yet so is accessible but I need to get the wall on and tiled.

i would use 1.5mm cable from the nearest socket location. then the sparks can fit a FCU to feed the ufh.

make sure cable runs vertically down from stat. position, not diagonal.

Reply to UFH thermostat feed what size cable? in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock