Discuss Undertile heating in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

YTSOxford

Just a quick Q. First fixing my first underfloor heating... But am only needing to wire in the supply for it. I know that it'll only be pulling 5Amps, and was just wanting to know whether it run it from its own 6Amp breaker or just FCU it to the ring which I have installed, (less than 50 m run.) Have first fixed it for both, so I'm covered, just wanting to know what the regs favour. Thanks!

as long as you have rcd protection and main earth bonding water and gas either way will survice good luck programming time clock:confused: lol

Underfloor heating is very notifiable.

You should check the regs (OSG) as there is a little bit that should be read about it.

However, spur off the RF circuit is fine with appropriate fuse.

Bob,

Underfloor heating is notifiable wherever it is installed i believe.

Could be wrong tho. Dont have docs to hand to check at the mo.

Thanks all for your input. Its all notifiable and will be. The job has had a new shower, water heater, ring , lights installed into a new board. Very odd client. Doesn't want her floors disturbed, so having to sub main. I work along side some other sparks but today I was by myself, and this is the first 1 I've had to do. They'll do the second fix. I'm 17th ed , but no way near confident yet, so Am a mate. So the Ring route will be fine? thanks.

Reply to Undertile heating in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, this is a bit complicated. We installed two separate underfloor heating system in our downstairs area. One at 240V and according to the...
Replies
Views
Conversation developed with a middle aged lady who has recently lost her husband. Note to self, stop walking dog around the graveyard Anyway...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
I was asked to see why a set of sockets weren’t working in the house (which appear to be a ring circuit based on breakers) There was no power on...
Replies
Views
hello, i am just about to completely rewire a refurbished house. i have done the same to several houses in the distant past. i have just read...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock