Discuss Unsatisfactory EICR - No RCD Protection in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an Unsatisfactory EICR with the following observations. The flat block was built in 1930 (Art deco) and it was refurbished in 2010 ( I suppose some rewiring was done) Contacted the inspector who charged 104 pounds for one bed in London and the report comes back unsatisfactory mainly because of NO RCD. Not knowing anything about this, I wanted to check here first as I searched on the internet it says no RCD can be C3 OR C2.

"Additional protection for all low voltage (LV) circuits by RCD not exceeding 30 mA (701.411.3.3) - Circuit supplying locations containing a bath or shower - no 30 mA RCD protection (701.411.3.3) Circuit passing through Zone 1/2 containing a bath or shower - no 30 mA RCD protection"

Is this something fallen into the C2 or if there is any possibility that can be C3? what will be the cost to fix that?

Many thanks for your help
Yi

This really is a matter of opinion and which unofficial guide book if the inspector uses one, decides to follow. An inspector should be competent enough to use his/her own judgement on this and this is the general rule for most people although there is no official guidance.
Circuits in a bathroom where there is no evidence of supplementary bonding, Code 2.
Circuits in a bathroom where there is evidence of supplementary bonding, Code 3.
Socket outlets where they could or are being used for equipment out of doors, now you could argue every socket is liable to be capable of this, Code 2.
Socket outlets being used for equipment in doors only, Code 3.
Cables concealed in walls without additional earthed protection, Code 3.

Reply to Unsatisfactory EICR - No RCD Protection in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock