Discuss Uploading videos directly to threads coming soon! in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
With this forum version, I'll be releasing features every couple of weeks.

The next one that's coming is the ability to upload videos directly into threads. Should help in places videos are better than pictures to get a better understanding of where a cable comes from and goes to (hard to tell in a series of pictures sometimes maybe), and perhaps even when we do the old how tidy is your van thread, can just do a video walking around it etc.

These will then get stored on our servers, then cached by cloudflare to save our own bandwidth, and we even have the option of sticking a little ad at the start of them - not sure I'll enable that until we have at least 100,000 videos on the forum. Wouldn't be worth the hassle.

So I'm just finishing configuring the video side of the settings, then we'll give it a punt! I'll announce when it's ready in this thread, so click WATCH at the top to watch the thread and get a notification. :D

You are a very brave man @Dan...
I can see some Friday night drunken naked vids coming up.... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I can't even upload an image through attach files at the moment. Says file is too large.

Hang on its limited by the server I'll need to wait to get home to increase that value. I'm just about to have a knee op. Won't be back until midnight so will have to stick it on tomorrow's to do list.

Are they changing you into the bionic man @Dan....
That rhymes :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Uploading videos directly to threads coming soon! laughing_chimp - EletriciansForums.net
Uploading videos directly to threads coming soon! laughing_chimp - EletriciansForums.net

Got cancelled last minute due to an emergency. I could have waited 6 hours but said I would rebook. Looks like it will be next week now. Bricking it as I don't like needles let alone being held down screaming while they gas me to near death.

Woke up in surgery last time. That was my nightmare come true. Lol

Reply to Uploading videos directly to threads coming soon! in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock