Discuss Upstairs and downstairs MCBs connected? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all new here and wondering if you have seen heard of this situation/problem?

I wanted to remove surface mount sockets from the living room wall to decorate. In my old house I would just flick the mcb off for the downstairs ring and then made sure the sockets were dead before proceeding. However in our new house I done the same and flicked the downstairs mcb off only to find that the sockets were still showing 240v, I went back to the consumer unit to check that I had switched off the the correct mcb for downstairs which I had. Out of curiosity I switched the upstairs ring mcb off as well and found that the all sockets were dead upstairs and downstairs. same happens if I turn upstairs off and leave downstairs on both rings are still live. Any thoughts please as it just don't seem right.
Many thanks

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
You must be logged in to see the message.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Upstairs and downstairs MCBs connected? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom