Discuss Useful connectors from toolstation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
A few months ago Johnward did a youtube video of the fake chinese wagos, some were straight through ones of dubious quality.
Well it seems Inline (usually decent company) are now making 32 amp rated 3 pole straight through connectors, sold in toolstation. actually look alright and would certainly be useful and save using 3 separate connectors in a tight space. Still surprised wago have not made these themselves.
Can see lots of uses for these from extending cables on a fuse board change or just for linking out two cables.
anybody bought any yet? if so whats the quality like?
Useful connectors from toolstation 1583444581060 - EletriciansForums.net

i have some. not tried in real situation, but have connected cables in workshop and all seems good. (for workshop read my cluttered up junk space in garage).

I'm not aware of the company in line ? I think that's just a description of the product and these are just unbranded Wago copies ?

I'm not aware of the company in line ? I think that's just a description of the product and these are just unbranded Wago copies ?
try getting a pack and try them out. they seem good to me.

I think Ideal make those little push connectors that save your bacon when space is tight and the wires, usually at an extractor fan, are short. They seem ok.
I guess these ones under discussion are just choc-block with levers instead of screws.
Me, following my usual practice with choc-block, I'd put the CPC in the middle, so it should be green/yellow. not just yellow?

Ideal do in sure or splice line I think and the splice line are "in line" connectors so I'm guessing those ines arnet from ideal and they probably dont have the patent on the inline name

Inline is a brand by Ideal Industries who make the orange splice connectors and wago style push in connectors too. think they might be american?
Nah I don't think they are that brand. Toolstation also sell those and describe them as Ideal industries spliceline In-line connectors.

I believe the Wago 222 got heavily copied, there was talk of the design patent running out ?

The fact they have brown and blue colours indicates this is how to connect them but to use yellow would immediately put me off them. They also do a two pole one with just brown and blue.
the 3 core ones with yellow are for electricians who can use a bit of common sense and work out the yellow is for the cpc
the 2 core are for the bodgers and cowboys who just cut off the cpc or fold it back. why pay for a 3rd terminal you wont use!

The fact they have brown and blue colours indicates this is how to connect them but to use yellow would immediately put me off them. They also do a two pole one with just brown and blue.
but then where do you put the cpc? choc block and tape as per b&q instructions?

the 3 core ones with yellow are for electricians who can use a bit of common sense and work out the yellow is for the cpc
the 2 core are for the bodgers and cowboys who just cut off the cpc or fold it back. why pay for a 3rd terminal you wont use!
Surely to be compliant for sale it would have to be correctly identified, does any country use yellow as a protective conductor.

Surely to be compliant for sale it would have to be correctly identified, does any country use yellow as a protective conductor.
unless I am mistaken, that whilst we use standardised colours. as long as the conductors are consistent in an installation, adequately labelled and clear to those working on it which is live, neutral , cpc etc then you can have 3 pink wires labelled 123 or abc etc or even purple,orange and pink. they key is that they are labelled so the next person knows what is what. would likely be considered a deviation from regs but they are non statutory.
at end of the day it is common sense to use brown, blue green/yellow etc as its the standard.

Reply to Useful connectors from toolstation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock