Discuss Using Fp 200 Gold 2.5mm for single spur from DB Thoughts??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

What's your thinking behind it not being acceptable? Is the cable rated appropriately with appropriate protection if so I don't see any issue, the FP would have to be correctly terminated though.

What's your thinking behind it not being acceptable? Is the cable rated appropriately with appropriate protection if so I don't see any issue, the FP would have to be correctly terminated though.
My thinking are thoose:flex shield maybe consider as an not appropriate even if is clipped directly with p clips to wall.And I was been ask to use 6amp Mcb as will supply single spur for 24 v CU.
Can find right section in regs to regarding type off cables.Clent ask and from my knowledge they introduce it in 2012 us a part of Prysman staff.
Wondering as will be only right next to Db 2 meter away can it be use as I know 2.5 still is ok but Fp 200 don't know .Couldn't find it in book and I'm not willing to installed .

I have confirmed this is OK directly with prysmian. If it is gold version then it most definitely ok as per manufacturer. Check the manufacturer when you get doubts/questions like this.

Thank you very much for conformation.
Would be direct p clipped to wall in riser 1×2m,
over distribution board .looking for regs.as only can be done clipping as no space for conduit for mechanical protection.
Indeed will be use for spur wich is supply for Fire alarm door holder CU 24v.

As long as its fail safe then I'm not sure there is a requirement to even use fire rated, if it burns the supply to door magnet is cut and voila- job done, door closes.

As long as its fail safe then I'm not sure there is a requirement to even use fire rated, if it burns the supply to door magnet is cut and voila- job done, door closes.
I was looking in regs why should I to not use fp 200 gold for short run clipped on surface wall

I was looking in regs why should I to not use fp 200 gold for short run clipped on surface wall
I wasn't saying you cannot or should not use FP200, just bring up the point that there is no requirement to use a fire rated cable or similar.

I wasn't saying you cannot or should not use FP200, just bring up the point that there is no requirement to use a fire rated cable or similar.
Thank you for reply .I want to have some relief because I never use fp to supply anything recurring 240.
Client ask me to use fp200 and wasn't sure I'll pass or not and will be complaining with 18 edition retarding use of it .As i always think i shouldn't use it if it consider flexible.

Thank you for reply .I want to have some relief because I never use fp to supply anything recurring 240.
Client ask me to use fp200 and wasn't sure I'll pass or not and will be complaining with 18 edition retarding use of it .As i always think i shouldn't use it if it consider flexible.
We should really be asking what is this spur going to feed? If it's a fire alarm then 5839-1 would in to play and that stipulates all cables forming part of the system (Inc supply) are to be fire rated.

If it's a Maglock door retainer then BS7273-4 would come into play, requiring units to fail safe.

We should really be asking what is this spur going to feed? If it's a fire alarm then 5839-1 would in to play and that stipulates all cables forming part of the system (Inc supply) are to be fire rated.

If it's a Maglock door retainer then BS7273-4 would come into play, requiring units to fail safe.
Thank you for reply wold feed spur or CU 24 power supply part of i/o for door magnet.
Client was asking for certificate and I was convinced that to find regulation for fp200 2.5 as a part of fire alarm to understand that will comply with bs5839 regarding cabling of systems.
Regards

Thank you for reply wold feed spur or CU 24 power supply part of i/o for door magnet.
Client was asking for certificate and I was convinced that to find regulation for fp200 2.5 as a part of fire alarm to understand that will comply with bs5839 regarding cabling of systems.
Regards
In this instance BS 7273-4 would need to be consulted.

Reply to Using Fp 200 Gold 2.5mm for single spur from DB Thoughts??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock