Discuss Van alarms again...anybody used Vanguardian? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a slot on Dragon's Den about the Vanguardian alarms. Seemed a good idea to me, but the dragons really didn't grasp the nature and extent of the problem of theft from vans and the efforts the scum go to in order to steal your stuff and wreck your livelihood.
Anyway, I just wondered if any of you have used the Vanguarian products

I have no connection with them, I hasten to add! I did like the "early warning" idea, and thought it might be good for garage doors too.

Too hi-tech for me!
I guess if you have a Rottweiler that would sleep in your van, that might work too?
Except some scum would steal that too!

I agree, the dragons didn't get it

The trouble is though that most people ignore car and house alarms. Because over the years, most are false alarms. How many times have you heard a house alarm go off? And how many times has it been genuine?

Just another Invader... and very nice too!

Anyway, back on topic, I think the idea is to scare the scum away by activating the siren before they gain access to the vehicle.
Nothing will stop such theft completely...

Reply to Van alarms again...anybody used Vanguardian? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

About 15 years ago, after having had a modern consumer unit fitted, and prompted by our electrician, I asked my then energy supplier (Tonik) if...
Replies
Views
M
I wrote this in another forum, so hope it might help a few out! I am quite often asked "what is it you need to do to get a work visa for...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock