Discuss Warming up cool white LED in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 9648

We have an issue with some 30w LED floods we installed as uplighters. This was a bit of a rush job without a proper spec. The users are complaining that the lights are too 'cold' and have asked us to replace them with a warmer version. Fine, we could order warm white versions but there are a number of fittings, they are not going to pay the additional costs, and we don't want to bear them either as we provided what they asked for as far as we are concerned.
So does anyone know of a suitable self adhesive film which could be used to warm up the colour? As they are uplighters it would not show,and there would be minimal heat to affect it. Perhaps there is something like that in the theatrical lighting business?

Not used them myself but maybe worth a go before swapping fittings.

https://www.stagedepot.co.uk/lighting/gel-kits-accessories/kits/led-warm-gel-kit#horizontalTab1

Yes you can get lighting gel which changes the colour temperature of lamps

You are probably going to need CTO which is colour temperature orange it changes the kelvin of the light but when using any gels you do loose light level

Try these
Lee lighting filters
LEE Zircon - Longer life filters for LED

But it's expensive stuff 70 quid a roll
Would a sheet of it not be sufficient?
If you ask most suppliers they'll send you a swatch book for free.

Reply to Warming up cool white LED in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Are you looking for the perfect light bulb for your project? If so, you may be wondering whether cool white or warm white is the best. In this...
Replies
Views
I am installing 9 LED downlights each with an RGB bulb in (i will try attach pictures on them) - anyway I have been told that they need to be...
Replies
Views
I have the typical LED on Dimmer switch. All the lights flicker in my house are very inconsistent times. By let me clarify by saying all the...
Replies
Views
We're in the UK, 240v lighting feed. We have replaced all the lights in our house with LED ceiling panels. These are pretty much the standard...
Replies
Views
I am looking to install some 12v led strip lighting in my touring caravan. I want the option of warm white or cool white. Is it possible to not...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock