Discuss Welcome to the new forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Don’t think the dumb one will return.
I found this though

Attachments

• 57E6BF65-ACFC-43D7-891F-374BEE06DBD6.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 13
W
Don’t think the dumb one will return.
I found this though
Who knows? It might make a come back once more important issues have been ironed out.

An observation after some tests .......... using my laptop (w7 chrome) , ipad (safari) and iphone 5 (safari), at home and on 4G (vodafone) on my mobile

If I'm taking a quick look (not logged on) its all super quick

If I log in its all painfully slow......... sometimes seeing like a "pulsing" orange symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen

?

Much quicker for me. That's using an Android 8 phone and logged in to the forum.

An observation after some tests .......... using my laptop (w7 chrome) , ipad (safari) and iphone 5 (safari), at home and on 4G (vodafone) on my mobile

If I'm taking a quick look (not logged on) its all super quick

If I log in its all painfully slow......... sometimes seeing like a "pulsing" orange symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen

?
I'll take a look into this for you.

Much quicker for me. That's using an Android 8 phone and logged in to the forum.

I'm struggling to replicate any lag at all. I'm even sending out a mass email right now to 17,500+ email accounts, and even that's not lagging the forum.

Posting is fast, uploading large images is fast, and soon I'll enable posting videos too, which should also be fast.

We will be able to upload videos from our phones directly to a thread, and then they get stored on our servers, and cached by cloudflare to save on bandwidth.

EF.png

It does look like there are some spacing/resizing issues.

I seem to get these big blank spaces. Always at the new posts pages, an then intermittently through threads.

Not a big deal mind, is it something to do with you working on advertising space.

Viewing on chrome on a win PC currently.

I don't get the white spaces, but I am getting this overlapping...

dfbsdfbsdb.jpg

See how DPG's name badge thingy has gone over the top of the header bar. Sometimes get it with text also, a persons whole post/text overlaps the header and changes colour.

Win 10, Firefox-64, latest version.

I'll take a look at that.

Note that Google has now approved our new domain name and ads have gone crazy so I'll get those mostly removed for all heavy forum users. I just need to run some tests on them first for a day or so.

So hang in there lads.

Lol noticed that, annoying repetitive ads as well, I'm really not interested in bingo. The animated ads are the most annoying!
Google advertisements are user orientated. They're specific to each individual user. Using your browsing history, age, location and various other things (their own magical algorithms) they follow you around the web.

To view and edit what Google has on your records you will need to login to a Google account and click here: http://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads

The Mrs has a new mini cooper s, so it's clocked out devices looking for race chips and remapping and we are getting hammered with those types of ads. Weird how it knows we have stopped looking for a car now and assumes we have one. Because we paid cash lol

Google advertisements are user orientated. They're specific to each individual user. Using your browsing history, age, location and various other things (their own magical algorithms) they follow you around the web.

To view and edit what Google has on your records you will need to login to a Google account and click here: http://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads

Is it possible to set the settings so they don’t save anything?

Is it possible to set the settings so they don’t save anything?
You can erase your data (on that page) and use a VPS on every device to hide your IP address. I can highly recommend Norde VPN (type it in Google). And you can run searches online using a search engine called DuckDuckGo.

But the moment you login Facebook via Google Chrome, they know it's you again and your browsing is tracked again as if it's you. Your device is apple IOS or Android which Google own.

It's hard to get off the grid.

Search 'getting off the Google grid) and you will find loads of journalists trying for a week or month to not send data to Google and you wouldn't believe how hard it is.

I have opted to earn less revenue and send anonymous IP data to Google. So those of you who are seeing ads specific to you have searched Google or eBay or Amazon or Facebook for whatever you're seeing on our forums. If you read a thousand threads on our forum about sausage, you will get no sausages ads. I've turned it off. I've also turned off logging in via Google Facebook or Twitter.

I don't like this tracking lark. Not just for me, for my members too. It's dodgy. And the biggest current business type so it's going to be corrupt at the top I would guess.

Data mining and data collecting and selling is massive. Whole countries are doing it not just the firm's involved. China, the five eyes (inc UK). They know a lot more than they let on now because of social media and browser bugs.

Reply to Welcome to the new forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net