Discuss Welcome to the new forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You can erase your data (on that page) and use a VPS on every device to hide your IP address. I can highly recommend Norde VPN (type it in Google). And you can run searches online using a search engine called DuckDuckGo.

But the moment you login Facebook via Google Chrome, they know it's you again and your browsing is tracked again as if it's you. Your device is apple IOS or Android which Google own.

It's hard to get off the grid.

Search 'getting off the Google grid) and you will find loads of journalists trying for a week or month to not send data to Google and you wouldn't believe how hard it is.

I have opted to earn less revenue and send anonymous IP data to Google. So those of you who are seeing ads specific to you have searched Google or eBay or Amazon or Facebook for whatever you're seeing on our forums. If you read a thousand threads on our forum about sausage, you will get no sausages ads. I've turned it off. I've also turned off logging in via Google Facebook or Twitter.

I don't like this tracking lark. Not just for me, for my members too. It's dodgy. And the biggest current business type so it's going to be corrupt at the top I would guess.

Data mining and data collecting and selling is massive. Whole countries are doing it not just the firm's involved. China, the five eyes (inc UK). They know a lot more than they let on now because of social media and browser bugs.

My son installed nord vpn on his gaming pc and now he’s locked out our home network, he thinks he has disabled it but he can’t print to the family printer and if I try to ping him, it bounces back...

Can’t we use GDPR against these internet giants to stop them keeping track of us?

Messing with VPN's are tricky.

GDPR isn't worth the hard drives the files are saved on. (Worth the paper it's printed on?).

This is Google we are talking about lol

Ps. Still haven't had time to checkout that.

I’ve got nord vpn on my laptop. For purely legal reasons I should add.
It makes your computer think it’s in another country, so of course it’s going to have trouble recognising your home network.
It’s easy enough to turn on and off. Just turn it off when you want to print.

From what I gather he's uninstalled it whilst it was on and that's not good. He needs to install it again, turn it off, and only then uninstall it.

I have it on and connect to my printer fine it doesn't work like that.

(Now you mention it ,have not seen the LED lighting guy with a strange expression,at top of page !)
... Does it think I'm on a phone ,
Firefox(ver 67.0.1(64bit))
Ele....forums.net is asking for "Push Notifications" ... Or is that why my "Ads" are broken ?

Last edited:
(Now you mention it ,have not seen the LED lighting guy with a strange expression,at top of page !)
... Does it think I'm on a phone ,
Firefox(ver 67.0.1) is asking for "Push Notifications" ... Or it that why my "Ads" are broken ?
Push notifications are forum-related. Makes it work like an app. Ads-wise I couldn't tell you. I see no ads the same as you. They're all custom for me and my devices.

As I understand it ,push notifications notify me when I'm not logged in , Too face-ache ish behaviour - for me !
(good reasons to have a FaceBook container)

I have ad personalization turned off so the ads are random and not linked to any website I may have visited or any conversation I may have had with a colleague. No doubt the data is still being collected.
It absolutely is. I guarantee it. And being sold onto whoever wants to buy it. And often not too anonomised.

I've watched loads of documentaries on it. And The Guardian journalists have covered it a few times. They're the ones who investigated the Cambridge analytical data and got Facebook in front of MPs.

It's discussing what they do. But then our government does it too. And uses zero day bugs to track everybody and store data on them and profile them.

You would need a laptop pre-1996 to not have a chipset with a backdoor in it for various governments to access.

I thought the perpetual energy thread was the one for conspiracy theorists....
come on.... govt spying on us through our computer?..... :eek:

Have a quick search of the guardian.

The UK government didn't share their knowledge of a zero-day exploit and it caused the whole of a US town to get attacked, now they're suing the UK for not sharing what they knew about the exploit.

It's real stuff I'm afraid.

@ dan. when are all these ads going to go. generally on every post now, from bitcoin scams to arab dating sites.

Did you just put an ad in your post?!

Edit I've just looked around the forum a bit, what is this ad land???!!
As I said earlier in the thread. Google has now approved our new domain name. And because it's new the ad slots are all new. So I need to start off heavy and tail off the ones not getting clicked on. Eventually ending up with what we basically had before.

I can't just turn them off for regulars right now though because we would make no money. To them we are a brand new site. We don't have our previous 14 years worth of stats for advertisers to go off.

Reply to Welcome to the new forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock