Discuss Welcome to the new forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Funny. :)

As I said in the first post, I'll be testing finding the right balance of staying online for free, and not annoying the members with ads. You'll be able to enable your ad-blocker again once I've found the right mix including all types of users.

I had to on the old site. Bit annoying, but you can kinda see their point.

Not really. I fast forward through adverts on TV. Insisting people change their personal settings on their personal devices is a step too far.

I imagine it will result in fewer floaters that just view and will do the opposite as intended for the advertisers.

Not really. I fast forward through adverts on TV. Insisting people change their personal settings on their personal devices is a step too far.

I imagine it will result in fewer floaters that just view and will do the opposite as intended for the advertisers.
Imagine what you want pal. As I said, it'll be short term, and is required every now and again for testing. It's not like we change the whole forum much, and we've never changed the domain at all in 13-odd year.

I guarantee the changes will not please everybody, but I guarantee in the end it is for the best.

Imagine what you want pal. As I said, it'll be short term, and is required every now and again for testing. It's not like we change the whole forum much, and we've never changed the domain at all in 13-odd year.

I guarantee the changes will not please everybody, but I guarantee in the end it is for the best.

People get used to change. I think it is fine.

But be honest. If you were browsing and a site told you that you had to go into your ad blocker and turn it off to access the site would you? Or would you just move on to the next site?

But be honest. If you were browsing and a site told you that you had to go into your ad blocker and turn it off to access the site would you? Or would you just move on to the next site?

That's the winning comment - but there is no "winner" emoji!

But the slimmed down likes etc is a huge improvement

I think it now looks like a cross between facebook from 5 years ago and my outlook inbox.

Well done Dan for migrating to the new platform for the forum! A very difficult job to do with an established website with such a large amount of data to move. And get in the right place on the new site.

Maybe once you have finished you could get a job at TSB and show them how to do the job properly :D!

To admin and staff members:
Have the like/dislike/agree/optimistic/winner etc buttons gone for good now?

I have tried the desktop version of the new site on my phone and still nothing, only can press like now.

If they are gone I think it's a shame.

Reply to Welcome to the new forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock