Discuss Welcome to the new forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

To admin and staff members:
Have the like/dislike/agree/optimistic/winner etc buttons gone for good now?

I have tried the desktop version of the new site on my phone and still nothing, only can press like now.

If they are gone I think it's a shame.
What happened to the thread this post was originally in?

What happened to the thread this post was originally in?

I merged it with this one so that there's only one on the subject.

The likes etc were an add on that is extra with the old software, so we just need to find one for the new forum, which can't be done until it's live.

Just give us a few days to tweak stuff.

To admin and staff members:
Have the like/dislike/agree/optimistic/winner etc buttons gone for good now?

I have tried the desktop version of the new site on my phone and still nothing, only can press like now.

If they are gone I think it's a shame.
Agreem cant upset anyone now, shame on you, lol

But be honest. If you were browsing and a site told you that you had to go into your ad blocker and turn it off to access the site would you? Or would you just move on to the next site?
Lol I usually just go to another site, I did make an exception for here though. <3

I stopped watching TV 4 years ago as I couldn't stand the adverts. I also refuse to listen to radio stations with adverts, as after a few hours it gets really annoying. There is a local radio station that is ad free, I donate to them, The forum mentioned below is ad free and funded by users buying service data from there, and another forum I used to visit was ad free and was funded buy voluntary donations.

The design is too modern for me, the usual lots of clutter and bloody pointless round avatars! I hate them so much, you lose most of the image! The stuff at the top of the page is just all rambled into one, can't find the electrical forum button to get back to that forum. It's also strange to me having text on the same page ranging from very small to very large, I guess it's more designed for mobile phones rather that computer use.

Because I'm such a relaxed and upbeat person, who is never negative, I'm looking forward to the refined version of the update in a positive way.

If you want to see how a proper forum is designed visit the UK Vintage Radio Forum. It's so clean and functional.

Agreem cant upset anyone now, shame on you, lol
Don't worry, you can still upset people using words.

I maybe being stupid, but before there was an icon to click, that took me to the first unread post of a thread.

Is this still a feature?

Edit: Looks like just clicking on the thread automatically does this now.

Don't like the fact it opens up to the Forums and you have to select Whats New. Previously it opened up into the current active threads.

People get used to change. I think it is fine.

But be honest. If you were browsing and a site told you that you had to go into your ad blocker and turn it off to access the site would you? Or would you just move on to the next site?
Did you?

You only need white list it for a week and you'll know when I'm ready let it be stuck on I'll post a thread about it. :)

How do I turn off typing formatting?

If I go back to edit a word I've typed incorrectly, it starts overwriting everything I have already written.

Because I am horrendous with grammar and spelling this happens on most of my posts.

Reply to Welcome to the new forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net