Discuss Welcome to the new forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

How can we access member's information to ascertain the level of understanding of electrical installation work, to allow us to Taylor our answers to the questions posed this was an easy operation, prior to the changes, or has this been deemed to intrusive for the forum, just asking.

If you click on the pic at the left of the post a small window comes up. Pick the pic again and their profile comes up. You can then pick 'About' to see what info they have put.

I just clicked on Spoons pic can see no "about"

Correction.... If you hover your mouse over the pic on the left of the post a window will appear. Click on the pic in this window and the profile will come up. In the profile there is an 'About' tab.

Welcome to the new forum 1559930672856 - EletriciansForums.net

How can we access member's information to ascertain the level of understanding of electrical installation work, to allow us to Taylor our answers to the questions posed this was an easy operation, prior to the changes, or has this been deemed to intrusive for the forum, just asking.
You mean can you access profiles? Yeah just click on a name and you get all the same data on a member card that pops up. No data has been hidden. Those that share it do so with the knowledge it's helping them.
Welcome to the new forum Screenshot_20190607-191116 - EletriciansForums.net

That's the winning comment - but there is no "winner" emoji!

But the slimmed down likes etc is a huge improvement
Who’s to say it’s going to stay like that.

How do I turn off typing formatting?

If I go back to edit a word I've typed incorrectly, it starts overwriting everything I have already written.

Because I am horrendous with grammar and spelling this happens on most of my posts.
I can't replicate that. What device is this on?

Well ........... lets just say most people think the slimmed down options are far better, and less aggressive .............
Yes I’m sure you’re correct as always and know what most people think. NOT

Well ........... lets just say most people think the slimmed down options are far better, and less aggressive .............

Very true mate.

Yes I’m sure you’re correct as always and know what most people think. NOT

It will be fun for the mods to sort out threads and even more arguments when posts go off at a tangent if the 'dumb' ratings comes back.
For now the contradictory forum rules of being polite and professional then calling someones post 'dumb' has gone. Lets hope it stays this pleasant way.

I can't replicate that. What device is this on?

Laptop, using chrome.

However, pressing the insert key has fixed it.

Even logged in on my home laptop, I couldn't replicate it either.

You mean can you access profiles? Yeah just click on a name and you get all the same data on a member card that pops up. No data has been hidden. Those that share it do so with the knowledge it's helping them.

For quite a while now it seems that all new members have their profiles hidden from others as a default. I often try to look at new member profiles when they ask their first question to be greeted with "this member chooses not to share profile information" or something similar.
I'm doubtful that every new member does this through choice so I'm assuming it's set to be a default ? It wasn't always like that ?

Reply to Welcome to the new forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock