Discuss Well I would have never thought it---- in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hmmm, I haven't been following the news but I'm guessing all is not going well with the Brexit negotiations....

Not sure I agree with that ... the Germans and French think they run and own the EU for their exclusive benefit ..... so anyone who disagrees with them is bound to be in trroble

The EU is nothing more than a protection racket ...

The Brussels , unelected gravy train, don’t like ANYTHING that might rock their boat ....

Tony Blair caused all this ... in 2005 he promised the UK electorate a vote on the Lisbon Treaty .... which he then didn’t deliver on .... if he had, the British would have rejected it, and the nail in the EU superstate, federal republic, people won’t have a say would have derailed the process ...

How things change and the attitudes of people change as well

All you over 45s (who had no right to decide the future for the under 45s who remain completely opposed to your selfish views)
are now moaning and groaning because the EU won't play your ball game
In effect they are sticking two fingers up to you for being so silly and obstinate with your little England mentality

You are beginning to become aware of the reality of your silly vote and the idiotic English nationalist sentiments that drove that silliness
You are getting realism when you were supposed to be sailing off into the sunset with your wild dreams of freedom and not this poverty it actually entails

You have done your bit for the under 45s who's futures you have wrecked,you get no sympathy from me,only a ! "I did warn you all"

All you over 45s (who had no right to decide the future for the under 45s who remain completely opposed to your selfish views)
In effect they are sticking two fingers up to you for being so silly and obstinate with your little England mentality

You are beginning to become aware of the reality of your silly vote and the idiotic English nationalist sentiments that drove that silliness
You are getting realism when you were supposed to be sailing off into the sunset with your wild dreams of freedom and not this poverty it actually entails

You have done your bit for the under 45s who's futures you have wrecked,you get no sympathy from me,only a ! "I did warn you all"

The young have had enough chances to avoid a Brexit. They consistently showed apathy for voting that led to the rise in UKIP and then the Tories having to promise a referendum to win back voters that had gone to UKIP.

One vote is one vote. No vote is more valuable than any other. This is democracy.

Are you seriously telling me that the over 45's had no right to vote? You sound like a right t*t, no actually you dont sound like one you're a t*t.

There are people who voted who were kids during the War where instead of playing on their Ipad they had Luftwaffe flying above them bombing the living hell out of their city while their fathers were over in Europe liberating their --- from ---- Germany and you have the damn cheek to say they have no right to vote!

I think this border thing between NI & Ireland, is just a smoke screen being puffed up by the EU. The UK & Ireland can do what they friggin well like, customs or no customs!
No they can’t.
We made an agreement with the IRA not to have a border between NI and Eire.
By leaving the EU, we will have broken the agreement if we don’t get an agreement with the EU about having a soft border between NI and Eire.
Our other option is to allow NI to have a referendum about leaving the UK.
So, to sum it up, we either get the EU to agree a soft border between NI and Eire, we allow NI to have a referendum about leaving the UK or we stay in the EU.
Anything else will mean we have broken the Good Friday agreement, which makes the UK look bad and untrustworthy, and may mean a return to the troubles.
We can’t afford to look untrustworthy, if we want to broker trade agreements with non-EU countries and we most definitely can’t afford a return to the troubles in NI, especially after May has made so many cut backs to our security and border control forces.

Let me clarify my position again. I think leaving the EU was the biggest mistake we ever made, however the Europeans are treating us like dirt, and that makes my blood boil, they do not deserve us, we have rebuilt the European democracies over the years and spent billions doing so and lost over a million men and women as well, how do we get repaid? Time to go alone and show the world, we will have to re-build our manufacturing industries, will have to have it hard for a few years, but we will show em.

well said mike. time forgetting tough with the krauts and the frogs... "they don't like it up 'Em"

... I am now a outer and an angry outer.
Made me smile, I misread it as otter. BTW, I agree :)

Well I would have never thought it---- IMG_1185 - EletriciansForums.net

No they can’t.
We made an agreement with the IRA not to have a border between NI and Eire.
By leaving the EU, we will have broken the agreement if we don’t get an agreement with the EU about having a soft border between NI and Eire.
Our other option is to allow NI to have a referendum about leaving the UK.
So, to sum it up, we either get the EU to agree a soft border between NI and Eire, we allow NI to have a referendum about leaving the UK or we stay in the EU.
Anything else will mean we have broken the Good Friday agreement, which makes the UK look bad and untrustworthy, and may mean a return to the troubles.
We can’t afford to look untrustworthy, if we want to broker trade agreements with non-EU countries and we most definitely can’t afford a return to the troubles in NI, especially after May has made so many cut backs to our security and border control forces.

I'm no political expert, so I bow to your superior knowledge. All I know, is we have no hard border at the moment. The Troubles to one side, we live comfortably with our neighbour, so I can't see any reason why the current status quo can't continue. Ireland doesn't want a hard border, nor does NI, nor I would think would the rest of the UK if asked. Worry about the tariffs & trade later.

I know its not as simple as that, but in essence thats what should take place.

Perhaps Juncker could be persuaded to walk past every white grave stone in Normandy and say a personal thank you to all the British, American and commonwealth soldiers who gave their lives so Europe could be free.

Also remind him that Britain had to borrow 120 billion to fund this and it took British tax payers 61 years to repay this, this would be the over 45's.

... we live comfortably with our neighbour, so I can't see any reason why the current status quo can't continue. Ireland doesn't want a hard border, nor does NI ...
You are spot on. My take is the Brusselites won't let this simple solution play as it demonstrates that we don't need them.

You remind me of this lovely gentleman attacking JRM children,
A typically totally intolerant lefty who thinks that they have the moral high ground yet at the same time view anybody that disagrees with them in complete contempt, in your case "All you over 45s (who had no right to decide the future for the under 45s who remain completely opposed to your selfish views)"

I’m under 45 and I voted to leave because I’m fed up with unelected bureaucrats making decisions against who I vote for in this country, I also believe that a lot of people used the Brexit vote as nothing more than an opportunity to kick the government in the b@&&ocks as a protest vote if you like against not being able to have an opinion without being labelled or frowned upon. Which goes to prove that the people in power don’t really listen to the voters, because they never for a minute believed people would vote leave or they wouldn’t have had the vote....

I’m under 45 and I voted to leave because I’m fed up with unelected bureaucrats making decisions against who I vote for in this country, I also believe that a lot of people used the Brexit vote as nothing more than an opportunity to kick the government in the b@&&ocks as a protest vote if you like against not being able to have an opinion without being labelled or frowned upon. Which goes to prove that the people in power don’t really listen to the voters, because they never for a minute believed people would vote leave or they wouldn’t have had the vote....

Can't agree with your last sentence. This question of leave/stay has been bugging this country for decades. At least Cameron had the balls to let us decided, finally.

Can't agree with your last sentence. This question of leave/stay has been bugging this country for decades. At least Cameron had the balls to let us decided, finally.
Very true he had the balls to call the vote but ran away and hid when it came to dealing with the outcome,
But I stand by my view that the establishment never believed the leavers would win and that they really underestimated the underlying resentment that some of the country had been feeling for years,
I was always a labour voter having grown up in a union members house and working as a stevedore myself for years,an historically heavily unionised job, untill Gordon brown called that woman a bigot for daring to give her view on immigration, it’s instances like those that tipped the balance in my opinion anyway.

Very true he had the balls to call the vote but ran away and hid when it came to dealing with the outcome,

Not wanting to get into party politics, but he could hardly remain as PM, when he was an avid remainer. As like now he would of been accused of not putting his full weight behind Brexit, wanting it to fail. May kept a very low profile during the debate before the vote.

Reply to Well I would have never thought it---- in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock