Discuss Well I would have never thought it---- in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

booze cruise to Cork.

as a famous man once said " who's taken the cork out of my breakfast"

IMO, its going to be the over 45s who get stuck in and develop our export business and search for cheaper imports and get our country back on its feet, It starts in 6 months , cannot see teenagers being much help in the medium term

Normally I don’t indulge in utterly specious arguments but I know that politics and religion divide people. You all fell into the trap of trying to explain irrational behaviour rationally and missed the key ingredient of this $h!t sandwich. The EU did not vote to leave the UK. It’s not the EU’s job to put forward the UK’s plan for leaving. It is their job to negotiate what the U.K. put forward. According to Jacob Rees Mogg, my teenage grandson will be collecting his pension before we feel the benefits of Brexit. And that is assuming the government can hold their $h!t together until such time. Funny that! I can’t remember seeing that on the side of the bus! Anyways, ultimately the EU strategy is, we're 14 times bigger than you and we’re more disciplined than you. There are 27 times as many of us. You absolutely need us, and we do this for a living. If you think this is an equal negotiation you are living in cloud coo coo land. Good luck with Brexit!!!
And so everyone thinks Europe is the enemy and we would be better off with our special relationship with the yanks and that they will keep us in the lifestyle that we have become accustomed to. But, do you really think The Donald actually knows who Theresa May is? He probably thinks his mistress has put on some weight and had a mild stroke. That special relationship she thinks she is having with him is just a large wardrobe falling on her with a very small key. I bet Putin is loving every minute of this!:)
Ultimately, democracy isn't perfect but it's probably the fairest way of being manipulated by the political establishment. The tragedy of course is that the country is run by those who finally flew over the cuckoo’s nest and whenever you put your faith into politicians, the result will be God kicking you hard in the balls.

very profound, kami, but the end of the matter is thsis:
it's our country, our people voted, for better or worse, it's us brits that decide our future, not some jumped up foriegners. as fof junkers, he needs to be put to grass. we shot down so many of his aircraft, he's wingeing. the eu ----ed greece. we leave before they do same to us. ---- em.

Normally I don’t indulge in utterly specious arguments but I know that politics and religion divide people. You all fell into the trap of trying to explain irrational behaviour rationally and missed the key ingredient of this $h!t sandwich. The EU did not vote to leave the UK. It’s not the EU’s job to put forward the UK’s plan for leaving. It is their job to negotiate what the U.K. put forward. According to Jacob Rees Mogg, my teenage grandson will be collecting his pension before we feel the benefits of Brexit. And that is assuming the government can hold their $h!t together until such time. Funny that! I can’t remember seeing that on the side of the bus! Anyways, ultimately the EU strategy is, we're 14 times bigger than you and we’re more disciplined than you. There are 27 times as many of us. You absolutely need us, and we do this for a living. If you think this is an equal negotiation you are living in cloud coo coo land. Good luck with Brexit!!!
And so everyone thinks Europe is the enemy and we would be better off with our special relationship with the yanks and that they will keep us in the lifestyle that we have become accustomed to. But, do you really think The Donald actually knows who Theresa May is? He probably thinks his mistress has put on some weight and had a mild stroke. That special relationship she thinks she is having with him is just a large wardrobe falling on her with a very small key. I bet Putin is loving every minute of this!:)
Ultimately, democracy isn't perfect but it's probably the fairest way of being manipulated by the political establishment. The tragedy of course is that the country is run by those who finally flew over the cuckoo’s nest and whenever you put your faith into politicians, the result will be God kicking you hard in the balls.

Your not related to darkwood by any chance?

very profound, kami, but the end of the matter is thsis:
it's our country, our people voted, for better or worse, it's us brits that decide our future, not some jumped up foriegners. as fof junkers, he needs to be put to grass. we shot down so many of his aircraft, he's wingeing. the eu ****ed greece. we leave before they do same to us. **** em.
For better or worse it shall be then.

Your not related to darkwood by any chance?
I reckon he is my secret love child! Just remind me who his mother is again?:D

Absolutely, with the pound bouncing, the traders are making a killing. I wish i was retired now as i reckon it is so easy to make money with a few presses of my keyboard. Already shipped cash over to Spain for my hols, if i go and get it back now i am in the money, lol. If i can do that with my holiday money think of the millions being made atm.
Its hilarious watching the pound against every Brexit news off the broadcast media.... actually it does smell a little, but then again i am a cynic

I know it’s taboo, but the vast majority voted to leave the eu (rightly or wrongly) on the basis of immigration.
Nobody wants to acknowledge it or quantify it but it’s a fact that politicians skirt around,and lets be honest it’s not immagration from within the eu that’s the problem or that clashes with the age old sytems in the U.K., we have had multiculturalism and global village philosophy thrust apon what is essentially an island race at a rate that didn’t allow us to adjust to it, this as I stated before is why I believe the vast majority of people placed a protest vote with out much if any thought to the future, personally I don’t think the political elite in this country should have let it come to that but we are where we are,so what will be will be......

Just for the record before the left leaning label me otherwise I am neither a racist nor anti immigration I voted to leave because of the unelected elite in Europe making decisions against the democraticly elected government in this country,rant over!

I don’t know where this idea that the EU were forcing our government to do anything comes from?
It’s certainly not the case, never was never would be.
Just about every international agreement we’ve signed up to has had a get out clause.
Sometimes we used it, sometimes we didn’t.
On the odd occasion we signed up to something with no get out clause and we were caught out, we just changed the law.

Reply to Well I would have never thought it---- in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net