Discuss what time is the world going to end? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

see im not a proper scientist ,not like them guys at cern ,but newton said years ago "for every action theres a reaction " so how come with all that energy being released it costs 12 million in electricity to run the machine ,are these guys that clever,or are they just having a girraffe,why dont they wind a coil around the pipe and induce the power and run the world for free ,or is that to simple:)

Last edited by a moderator:
see im not a proper scientist ,not like them guys at cern ,but newton said years ago "for every action theres a reaction " so how come with all that energy being released it costs 12 million in electricity to run the machine ,are these guys that clever,or are they just having a girraffe,why dont they wind a coil around the pipe and induce the power and run the world for free ,or is that to simple:)

You should be "President of The Whole Wide World" Rum.

You'd certainly get my vote :D

You should be "President of The Whole Wide World" Rum.

You'd certainly get my vote :D

i think it would work ,if a conductor is placed in a moving electrical field a voltage will be induced into it,the electrical field would certainly be moving so you should get something on the old volt meter,what worries me is most of the great inventions or rather discoverys in science come from f@ck ups so ole nostradam might be right ,he has been about other things ,maybee hes god. thats me shagged now :eek: but its just a thought ;)
and yes i think if i was president of this whole wide and wonderfull world we live in or rather on ,then there might be something left of it for my grand kids:)

i think it would work ,if a conductor is placed in a moving electrical field a voltage will be induced into it,the electrical field would certainly be moving so you should get something on the old volt meter,what worries me is most of the great inventions or rather discoverys in science come from f@ck ups so ole nostradam might be right ,he has been about other things ,maybee hes god. thats me shagged now :eek: but its just a thought ;)
and yes i think if i was president of this whole wide and wonderfull world we live in or rather on ,then there might be something left of it for my grand kids:)

well i admire your theory Rum (as always) but effectively you would be using the 'tube' of the LHC as the secondary of the mutha of all transformers, and as you know, power in = power out, so yeah there would be a voltage induced, but the moment you tried to convert that to usable current, you would draw more from the supply, and of course power in = power out only works in a theoretical perfect circuit with super conductors and no hysteris losses..........etc etc etc .......yawn

you get nowt for nowt in this world my idealistic old pal:p:)

well i admire your theory Rum (as always) but effectively you would be using the 'tube' of the LHC as the secondary of the mutha of all transformers, and as you know, power in = power out, so yeah there would be a voltage induced, but the moment you tried to convert that to usable current, you would draw more from the supply, and of course power in = power out only works in a theoretical perfect circuit with super conductors and no hysteris losses..........etc etc etc .......yawn

you get nowt for nowt in this world my idealistic old pal:p:)
yes but there are other factors to consider,i have to think about this one Shake,i will post my findings when i conclude my research;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to what time is the world going to end? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock