Discuss Where do you prefer to work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pharmaceutical. It's clean, temperature controlled and most importantly have great canteen facilities.

Apart from being 5 years old what is actually wrong with this thread?
Do you think the OP has got their answer now so any more opinions are now irrelevant?
Is nobody else allowed to see what kind of work other people prefer unless they start a new thread and get fresh opinions from scratch?

Apart from being 5 years old what is actually wrong with this thread?
Do you think the OP has got their answer now so any more opinions are now irrelevant?
Is nobody else allowed to see what kind of work other people prefer unless they start a new thread and get fresh opinions from scratch?

Nothing but because it's 6 months old it's broken apparently. But when it was 5 months and 3 weeks old it was relevant.

Go figure....

yeah in rosyth,joiners burners anything putting up basket etc,some subbys actually had a taxi driver who had ever been on a site doing it and paying one pound an hour less than a spark

yeah in rosyth,joiners burners anything putting up basket etc,some subbys actually had a taxi driver who had ever been on a site doing it and paying one pound an hour less than a spark
It seems to me that's par for the course with marine work - on my last marine job there was a 20 year old yacht fitter/Electrical Trainee with no experience on the same money as sparks, the boss (total idiot, didn't have a scooby) had his next door neighbour (previously a windscreen fitter) working as a mate on £2/hr less than sparks.
Marine work seems to be all about doing what the boss says because he says so and he's the boss, and nothing to do with common sense, regs or knowing how to do your job.

yeah in rosyth,joiners burners anything putting up basket etc,some subbys actually had a taxi driver who had ever been on a site doing it and paying one pound an hour less than a spark[/QUOTE

The Navy will have nothing but trouble with those carriers,and I can see then going back into dry dock for a long time to fix everything after the first few sea trials.

Though i was brought up in the industrial sector, i voted ''commercial'' only because that's basically the area i've been working in for god knows how long now. But i'd be just as happy being in a cleanish industrial environment. Though i don't mind getting dirty, even today, i don't think i'd want to be working in say the steel industry, that Tony has spent most of his working life in...

Though it would be interesting to spend a couple of weeks to a couple of months to experience this sector of our industry....

I’ve only worked in what may be regarded as a clean environment twice. Hated every minute of it.

How strange, according to the section page I made this post 7 minutes ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me? why,the happiest time i spent was the 6 weeks i did as a test pilot in a broom-stick factory. Lots of silly posts tonight,and i'm joining in...

Served my time doing a bit of everything...last 25 years tho industrial.....its took me 6 months to get around to changing my dodgy landing light switch...thats how much I dont like domestic :)...ohh and under floors, lofts with fibreglass...and smelly houses!!!!!!

Reply to Where do you prefer to work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock