Discuss which work boots? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
bought a set a of grafters a while ago

after 2 months of apprenticeship they are falling to pieces

what do you recommend?

don't have a clue what to go for, am tempted by dr martens as ive got a pair of there normal boots and like em

Depends on what you're wearing them for! Shlopping about on a muddy site then you want a set of Scruffs Riggers boots, nipping into an office block to change a lightbulb and you want some ppe trainers! Cat's are good if you can afford the price tag, if not then you can pick up perfectly good unbranded steel toe boots from wholesale ppe suppliers for £15 - wear them for six months and throw them away!

Dewalt boots have last me longest normally get 12 to 18 months out of them. I would take them grafters back and tell them there not fit for purpose and you want your money back

really need steeltoe capped boots, working a fair bit on different building sites.

the last pair i got from springfields and they got wrecked in 2 months, looking for a better pair, had a pair of cats before and was really disappointed with them.

will quite happily pay upto 50-60. working 5-7 days a week atm and normally 10-12 hour days

bought a set a of grafters a while ago

after 2 months of apprenticeship they are falling to pieces

what do you recommend?

don't have a clue what to go for, am tempted by dr martens as ive got a pair of there normal boots and like em

anything that complies really and are comfy to wear,its not a fashion show:28: tho some will disagree,you know the posey ones..:pimp2:

I've got a set of dealt apprentice 's comfiest boots I've ever had , light too!! But for house bashing I usually wear a pair of trainers!! ( tin hat on from the h&s police!!! It's ok my hard hat is on!!!)

In my opinion,there are NO finer boots than Redwing.Wore them for thirty years (not same pair!) They come in half sizes,half a dozen widths and 'Last numbers' (actual foot shape).Comfy,waterproof and never had foot problems and have,in the past,had em' on for 30 odd hours at a time during emergency work.Now for the sad bit,Very expensive and to have choice,its a Stateside order!

Mine came from Toolstation of all places... on their website they're just listed as "safety site boots" but the pair I have are excellent, quality is on par with any of the branded stuff

I have dr martens tamarack, they are by far the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. They are about £95 though, managed to get mine for £70 odd in the recent arco sale.

Got a pair of Altberg Aqua's from my last 'employer'. Fantastically comfortable, light and my feet don't get sweaty, just like wearing slippers. Downside is they're £164 to replace...

Got a pair of Scruff's Hikers, again comfortable but I've found you need to be a bit looser with the lacing near the top as they gave me a bit of ankle pain to start with, seem to be pretty hard wearing as well. Knocked a couple of bathrooms worth of tiles off whilst wearing them and there's next to no damage or cuts on them.

Dewalt apprentice boots are the best I've had

^^ as above. im on my second pair now. the first ones went through too many site pubs and night clubs to mention (working that is) not sitting in them drinking lol. seriously though they are the best pair of steelies I have ever had. went through a hard winter with them and only got wet feet once. around £35 if you shop around and in my opinion they are worth double that amount but dont be telling them wholesalers :D

Reply to which work boots? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock