Discuss Wholesalers who’s the best service and value in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
asking this because our company uses .........wait for it CEF
And yes I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They do stock and provide us any manafacture we require , and provide us a good service , but I do know these prices are highly inflated , even dearer than general public prices
Which really annoys me
We did try newhey and eyres or whatever name they are now trading under , prices were good but the service was terrible with odd items turning up by couriers weeks later
It’s for service round manchester/Leeds / Nottingham we require

An Independent Wholesaler gets 90% of my custom, after that there is YESSS, CEF, KEW and Eddies. Find it far easier to built up a trust and a rapport with the Independent

The key with CEF (Check Every Figure) is just that.

It has to be a big chain really , we are on the road a lot all over the place for picking up bits for maintable purposes , and get the bigger orders into our depots

or screwedfix.

They are cheaper than my wholesaler WF Senate.

I was comparing prises for some down lights, found one online company, £5 cheaper per unit than what WF charge me. Googled their address, and found it was an affiliate to the great Rexel UK group, of which WF are :mad:

@Dozer 73 given you need a major wholesaler, but are happy with CEF other than on prices...why not speak to them about their prices?

I'm sure they will do some adjustments when confronted about prices. You'd be surprised how often than happens.

They are cheaper than my wholesaler WF Senate.

I was comparing prises for some down lights, found one online company, £5 cheaper per unit than what WF charge me. Googled their address, and found it was an affiliate to the great Rexel UK group, of which WF are :mad:
I think Northern Ireland is maybe a bit more competitive, but I can't buy much in Screwfix, TLC Direct or any other online supplier that's cheaper than my wholesalers. Take Wago's for instance, I get them some 30-40% cheaper than TLC Direct do them for. Screwfix are almost double what I pay.

@Dozer 73 given you need a major wholesaler, but are happy with CEF other than on prices...why not speak to them about their prices?

I'm sure they will do some adjustments when confronted about prices. You'd be surprised how often than happens.
To be honest we have , as someone said CEF (check every figure) , basically we don’t trust them , we ask for quotes then sometimes find out these prices have increased , our company is huge and some how as electricians we often don’t see these prices it goes to our buying department, but just lately we have and have a feeling they have been ripping us off for years
It’s a principal thing really , our company are not too bothered but we as electricians are

Hi,
Try Falcon Electrical Wholesalers Ltd,
Sheepcarr,
Leeds.

Always got what i need and good pricing ,better than the one mentioned they are too expensive.

To be honest we have , as someone said CEF (check every figure) , basically we don’t trust them , we ask for quotes then sometimes find out these prices have increased , our company is huge and some how as electricians we often don’t see these prices it goes to our buying department, but just lately we have and have a feeling they have been ripping us off for years
It’s a principal thing really , our company are not too bothered but we as electricians are
If your company and paymasters aren't bothered about cost...then why are you?

All I'd be after in that case is good friendly service, having in stock all the items required, and (not that I drink the stuff) coffee and tea on tap when in the branches.

Thing with wholesalers, compared to places like TLC or Screwfix, and most of my stuff doesn't come from them, is Screwfix display their prices where my wholesalers do not. I found out how much my down lights have cost me, when the invoice comes in the post. I'm sure that's fine for a large company that can negotiate prices, but as a small sole trader, I'm stuck with what I got, price wise. On that subject, Scxrewfix email their invoice, WF Senate post theirs. I'm paying for the postage, crazy!

Thing with wholesalers, compared to places like TLC or Screwfix, and most of my stuff doesn't come from them, is Screwfix display their prices where my wholesalers do not. I found out how much my down lights have cost me, when the invoice comes in the post. I'm sure that's fine for a large company that can negotiate prices, but as a small sole trader, I'm stuck with what I got, price wise. On that subject, Scxrewfix email their invoice, WF Senate post theirs. I'm paying for the postage, crazy!
Get a quote before hand? Or if calling in get a docket with prices on it...

I know screwfix and TLC display their prices...for me that works in my favour as it's more expensive that what I buy at+my markup, but...if buying from them anyone can see their prices.

I get all my invoices by email, WF sound like a forward thinking company:tearsofjoy:

Electric centre and Kew for me. The trouble is if your on the road then CEF is obviously the best wholesalers for convenience as they are everywhere. I Don't like CEF but have an account for convenience when working out of town.The people in my local CEF are very good and also frustrated by their regional/national management. They feel their hands are tied which ends up meaning they cant compete. The local CEF rep is a plonker and gets on my wick but the branch manager and counter staff are good. Saying that I've boycotted CEF the last few months as I got a bill through for £13 for a 45A switch and £60 for some ferrule crimpers that are £40 everywhere you look. I don't understand their business model. They say I don't get the best discount as I don't use them enough.....That makes sense doesn't it....How likely am I going to use them to get a better discount if I'm not already getting a discount that's at least competitive! A few years back I remember my local branch manager saying their average turnover for that branch was £160K a month...I bet they're not hitting anywhere near that mark now with the likes of Kew, Electric centre and Screwfix being near by offering better deals.

WF / Senate / Wilts have had the ability to email invoices since 2014 - just ask your branch manager for it!

Why is it when anyone talks of orders at a rip off price it's CEF that's the supplier? Never seems to be YESSS or any other.

Did you get a price for this? No? Oh we are gonna take you to the cleaners then.

Reply to Wholesalers who’s the best service and value in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock