Discuss WiFi CCTV cameras & phone App. How to get on PC? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shooby

-
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have just set up a WiFi CCTV camera (SimShine Alloy 1S) which appears to be working as it should - very good image and sound quality, and a number of options on 'AI' detection, which also seem to work well.

My only issue, really, is that it uses an 'App', which basically means I'm staring at a 5.5" 'phone screen. I also have concerns that if the SD card in the camera is damaged or stolen(!), then all the evidence (of a psycho neighbour...) will be lost. So, I'm looking at ways that the stream can be displayed on a PC and recorded on to an HDD in real time.

It does have RTSP streaming, apparently, and I tried to insert the rstp addy in to VLC media player. I wasn't too surprised when it didn't work, as VLC also asked me lots of other stuff that I just didn't have a clue about, so I ignored... :)

Could someone on here cyberly hold my hand and guide me in moronic terms how to do this, please? Ie, stream on my Windows PC, and also have this stored on an HDD? I've had a basic look too at linking a phone with a PC, but would much rather a direct method if possible.

Many thanks ?

Thanks.

The rtsp did work after all - I had previously only copied the visible part of the code, whereas it was longer than the wee window...

Now to decide between a stand-alone NVR or a PC-version. I'll start a new thread on that.

Cheers.

Reply to WiFi CCTV cameras & phone App. How to get on PC? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net