Discuss Will an HNC in electrical engineering count towards an adult trainee apprenticeship in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Will an HNC in electrical engineering count towards an adult trainee apprenticeship, IE would it allow me to skip some of the college theory exams due to having passed a higher level of theory? Just wondering as I might have the chance at a adult trainee apprenticeship but already have a HNC in electrical engineering .

Will an HNC in electrical engineering count towards an adult trainee apprenticeship, IE would it allow me to skip some of the college theory exams due to having passed a higher level of theory? Just wondering as I might have the chance at a adult trainee apprenticeship but already have a HNC in electrical engineering .
hi I would guess that they wont let you skip bit on the adult course But given you have done the hnc it should be an easy coast through the course. On the other hand you could stickin study hard and get top marks trying for a sectt prize. IF you want an easier route that Hnc will almost certainly let you skip doing the technical certs cg2365 lvl2 ,either doing the route A..cg2365 lvl3/cg2382/cg2391 and cg2357 OR Route B..Cg2382/cg2391/cg2346 . I am aware that the Sjib doesnt like this Route BUT has been issuing cards from Route A .. These courses CAN be done without living in England and without excessive travel to England.
I would guess given the hnc you would have either route of quals complete in a Year now what this doesnt give you is the depth of experience that adult sectt course will

In your case if you have HNC then you will find the electrical theory a breeze. There will also be theory regarding other aspects of being an electrician such as, for example, fixings or material handling which I imagine is not in an HNC.....I may be wrong.
The main thing for you is to get the most from the practical side and if you felt the NVQ3 theory was not enough for you then could also do 2391 and then even 2396 during your apprenticeship if you wished to be challenged more during that period and that would pay dividends later. I sure they would let you due to your HNC.

Reply to Will an HNC in electrical engineering count towards an adult trainee apprenticeship in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock