Discuss Wire up a temp controlled circulation pump. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Stella

DIY
Reaction score
Hi.
I'm wanting to connect a temp controlled unit that will turn on and off a hot water pump.
Can't weigh up how to do it as the wiring diagram doesn't make any sense to me.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 20211219_102218.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20211219_104246.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 24
Do you have anymore information is the hot water pump for a heating or cooling operation

It's for heating, I did forget to mention we are in Bulgaria.
Basically we have a log fire that is used to heat radiators, the pump is powered by plug in box. The idea of the thermo switch is so we can leave the box turned on all the time and when we light the fire the water start to get hot it will turn the pump on at a set temp and shut the pump off at that temp.

Live in on 1 and live out to the pump from 3 there will be a slight differential on switching temperatures

Live in on 1 and live out to the pump from 3 there will be ai put my slight differential on switching temperatures
If I put my tester on to show a complete circuit its the op way round on. Will turn the pump off when gets to temp and vice versa.
Thanks Steve

If I put my tester on to show a complete circuit its the op way round on. Will turn the pump off when gets to temp and vice versa.
Thanks Steve
So swap the wire from terminal 3 to 2

Reply to Wire up a temp controlled circulation pump. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

After 24 years my septic lift station pump and high water alarm needs to be replaced. It was tripping the breaker and the alarm was no longer...
Replies
Views
For the past few years, I have used a hydronic system (outdoor wood boiler) with both high and low temp working simultaneously. The low temp...
Replies
Views
Our old three wire pump quit working. We wanted to replace it with a two wire. It was our understanding the pump would actually have three...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've noticed that my UFH pump is not always turning on as soon as the stat & valve calls for heat. This results in hot water passing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Beko DHR73431W heat pump tumble dryer that isn't heating. I'm thinking its beyond economic repair as I think the compressor has gone...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock