Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Wiring a 2 port valve on a hive system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Good afternoon

Im in need of some assistance on a job. A new central heating system is being installed (previously storage heating) and the customer has purchased a hive multizone kit. She wants to control her heating up stairs and downstairs seperate so would need zones valves installed. I havent had much experience with heating systems before and im needing some help on how to wire this up. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Midwest

-
Arms
Esteemed
I’m not too familiar with the Hive multi zone kit, others might help with that. You would have to enquire with the plumber/heating contractor, as to what system they intend to install. I guess it would be a S-Plan, which is easily wired up, google the wiring diagrams. But it will also depend boiler type, and if/what hot water system there is.

So more info required.

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Yes,it is an addition that would be best run past the heating engineer,first.....unless he is already on with something simpler.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the response.

I think i have worked it out with help of wiring diagrams online so hopefully all goes well.

The main question is why would you want zones using Hive, the Hive TRV heads mean every room is its own zone anyway.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Wiring a 2 port valve on a hive system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom