Discuss Words of wisdom please re an installation condition report in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes, the EICR has no mention of a shower, but the photo of the CU shows one is now fitted!
Yes, that's something they have invested in, and part of the concern. You would have thought a new consumer board at a minimum would have been on the list, but the vendors haven't viewed that as a necessary investment.

That's against the background of the house increasing in value by £37,000 (19%) since they bought it 5 years ago.

I’m surprised the sellers lived in the house for 6 years knowing these C2’s were present and didn’t do anything about them.
I'm not, I've seen many people completely ignore the reports. "if it works why fix it?" tends to be the attitude. People need educating more on the potential dangers of poor electrical installations. You see plenty of advertisment about the dangers of poor gas installations and appliances but hardly any on electrical.
I recently had a landlord blatantly ask me to fudge a report on a potentially dangerous install to "satisfactory"! Seriously? ermm... I don't think so mate!!!

@ the OP, you have had some sound advice from the good folks on this forum so far. Good luck and I hope it all gets resolved and your daughter gets to enjoy her new home!

Reply to Words of wisdom please re an installation condition report in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, plumber here so please be gentle (or take the p-ss ;) ), I am supposed to be installing a UV water steriliser for a customer. I have some...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views
The earthing arrangement where the hot tub will be installed is formed in the TN-C-S system. I want to install the sub-main distribution circuit...
Replies
Views
The seller is saying they will not upgrade the electric and it is normal to have 100 amps. However the inspector is stating it may trip often and...
Replies
Views
Hey guys - I am in the process of buying a flat, and just got the electrical installation report. Seeking for feedback on the following: - THE...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock