Discuss would you buy a car with no mot or wheels in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
called to a fault, .nice house loads of Moines.
customer to me ,every time I put the mcb 20 fuse keeps blowing
no rcd protection on any of the circuit
the 20 mcb on circuit . holly S88t ,was like bomb fire night in the dark .now on this circuit vir old cable.
coming from behind the board what the c/u was on.
now looking inside the c/u of spaghetti .found line &neutral.so where is the cpc ,behind the wooden board and touching a metal conduit.
f&&K that for a game of soldiers .disconnection time
customer said I have just moved in 6months ago .
any test certs for this death trap .no .
what would it need to be done like a mot on a car ,eicr.

called to a fault
now this fault was on a 20amp mcb (wylex)
so the fault was on one of many circuits
customer. every time I put on the mcb, it keeps blowing
now this faulty circuit was shorting some where back to the board .
line & neutral in .so where was the cpc .not only behind the c/u board
that it sat behind .now this cable was vir old c**P cable.
so when putting up the mcb a load band from behind the wooden board .so the cpc was touching the old metal conduit pipe work because I could not identified the circuit the fault was on I then disconnected it .the customer has just moved in the big house 6 months ago , I asked any reports done on this place .none .
so I recommended a eicr to be done.

Come on buzz...….That's worse than the gendarme in 'Allo, Allo'
……..a load band?............BOOM! :confused:

Last edited:
i sold my 330 schnizer , after slamming over what i thought was a chunk of ice, turned out to be a boulder in the road LOL, still got thousands for it

know many who would buy a car with no mot, i wouldnt because i like to drive what i buy instantly , but someone with more time/knowledge can easily invest in a car with no mot and make a profit

guy on youtube just spent 60 odd grand on a lambo that wasnt running

the fault i was chasing this morning, bet youve never had the 5 floors above squashing the cables? landlords gonna cry when they see what has to happen to a practically brand new flat LOL

id buy a house from an auction without seeing it so long as i knew how much land it sat on, infact a run down shambles is exactly what im in the market for.

Reply to would you buy a car with no mot or wheels in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock