Discuss Y plan wiring / Hot water in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good afternoon all, just a quicky.

Ona Y plan system can anybody tell me why there is a switched live from the cylinder stat back to the programmer (Also connected to the grey on the MV)?

Why does the programmer need to know that the cylinder has hit the required temperature?

FYI I installed a new nest smart stat and have never actually thought about why the programmer needs such thing.

All the best, Michael

Because a Y plan has only one motorised valve sharing the heating and hot water if you’ve only got a one zone heating system.

The grey on the MV is actually a permanent live supply and not a switch live

Because a Y plan has only one motorised valve sharing the heating and hot water if you’ve only got a one zone heating system.

The grey on the MV is actually a permanent live supply and not a switch live
The grey on a 3 port isn’t a perm live. The grey will only be live if the hot water is satisfied or the HW on the programmer is switched off.

Reply to Y plan wiring / Hot water in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had to wire in an extra 2 port valve today to protect a newly installed unvented cylinder (replacing the old gravity fed one) in a standard Y...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you are well, I have fitted a few Nests but only to Combi, S and Y plan systems just been looking a job where I’m doing the kitchen...
Replies
Views
i , i have a property to work on which has a programmable room stat upstairs and a programmable roomstat downstairs. S plan system , 2 zones. hot...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
I have a fully pumped Y plan heating system using a Potterton EP2 programmer. Drayton MA1 Diverter valve. I have just replaced the Actuator head...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock