Discuss You to can be an Electrician in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

No, if you are going to "notice that too", then it is "too", not "to", as in "also" In this context "too" has a very similar meaning to "also". So, "I noticed that too". Come on lads get it right.

Imagine the pleasure you'd have if you walked into a customers premises to quote for your first job and they said,

What I want is a 2 way and inter, with the switches 110mm apart and the light above on a right angled piece of 20mm tube.

You'd be bang on with the quote, you'd know exactly how much conduit/cable and how long to do it.

However if they wanted the switches 20mtrs apart, you'd be knackered..

And now 2 Top tips;

1st; When fixing a saddle top, remove the loose screw before you put the conduit in so you don't fiddle about trying to get it out.

2nd; Have a pocket full of spare screws, it saves have to climb down off the ladder in the freezing cold outside when the B%rstard things won't stay in your fingers.

Last edited:
think it's more designed as an exercise in making a bend rather than doing it the easy way

G

going down to Baff on Sunday two pik up me Sister in law, shes kumin too stay for a few weeks
just bear in mind that peepul wot live in baff call it barf. wonder if they throw up all the time.

just bear in mind that peepul wot live in baff call it barf. wonder if they throw up all the time.
pOSH Geezers kall it Baaaaf enfusisin the Bee

think it's more designed as an exercise in making a bend rather than doing it the easy way
Thinking back when I was still working, a Sparky Mate of mine who did his time with British Rail, came up to me on a job and asked what I thought of his plastic tube job (he had never used it before) all the bends and sets were singed, he apparently thought you needed to heat the tube prior to bending, he was surprised when I shoved a spring in and bent it over my knee.

Thinking back when I was still working, a Sparky Mate of mine who did his time with British Rail, came up to me on a job and asked what I thought of his plastic tube job (he had never used it before) all the bends and sets were singed, he apparently thought you needed to heat the tube prior to bending, he was surprised when I shoved a spring in and bent it over my knee.
The early stuff had to be warmed, else it split. the first time I saw it done without heat I was gobsmacked

The early stuff had to be warmed, else it split. the first time I saw it done without heat I was gobsmacked. I don't know how long I was heating it after it changed.

I was using it in 1963 and it didn't need heating
OK I'm happy to accept there were different types out there, the stuff I used was very shiny and didn't have much more sag than steel, come to think of it, it probably looked very similar to black laquered. I remember trying to bend a length into my Austin Maxi (maximum diagonal length around 8.5ft) and is split like a bamboo cane.

Reply to You to can be an Electrician in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock