Currently reading:
1 switch, 2 fluorescent fittings in shed

Discuss 1 switch, 2 fluorescent fittings in shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

PHS

-
Reaction score
Just a quick one.
And I right in thinking I would take N/E from CU in shed to first fitting, take L from CU (with an E from fitting) all the way to switch, run switch L back to fitting and then just Dasiy L/N/E to next fitting?
not a lot of info on the web and didn't cover fluorescent fittings in the course.
Thanks in advance

But surely if you don't know how to wire two lights to one switch, you must see that you're not competent to be doing this on your own? It's not that people are bigoted, they are just pointing out the facts. Do you feel you are competent to carry out work for paying customers? Daz

I give up, it was a simple question requiring a simple answer. This is why I stopped working for my boss as he too was as bigoted as most of you.
I will go else where for my information
"As bigoted as most of you" Are you for real? You reckon you can do the job but post a question most of us would expect an apprentice with 6 months under his belt to be able to figure out for himself.
Get yourself away to DIYNot, you'll find a lot of like minded souls there.

I came on here for a simple bit of advice, nothing more, just some clarification to jog my grey cells. I have been in the building game all my life, it's not as though I'm a banker decided to change his career, I'm sorry if the fact that I've never wired up 2 tubes to 1 switch before and just wanted to get it right first time bothers all of you. Once I've done something once it usually stays with me. Having 5 months off work didn't help. At the end of the day, I don't consider myself stupid and asking for what may seem to be trivial advice to you, will be a question I only need to ask once.

I'm sorry but being off for 5 months doesn't cut the mustard as an excuse. In 3 years as a mate you never wired more than one light from one switch ? That doesn't sound right either, along with the fact that even if you never had wired this way, you couldn't figure it out.

I would seriously consider your level of competency before you hand over that money to the scheme to book your assessment in.
And how you going to get any work done if you are on here all the time asking how to do the basics of the job you are telling people you are a professional in ?

I give up, it was a simple question requiring a simple answer. This is why I stopped working for my boss as he too was as bigoted as most of you.
I will go else where for my information
now boy....
if i had seen this one earlier......then you would have got a different response from me...i can tell you that....
and ask anyone in here if i pull punches or not when riled......

I'm just gonna do what I think which is:
pull all three cables to the switch, put the live in the common, and the neutral in a block and the earth to the lug. Then put a brown in the 1 way and run back to first light with and neutral from block and earth.
If its wrong, I will find out.
If its right, then all I was looking for was clarification.
Thread closed!!

pull all three cables to the switch, put the live in the common, and the neutral in a block and the earth to the lug. Then put a brown in the 1 way and run back to first light with and neutral from block and earth.
Thread closed!!

Gosh, another one looking for a short lived membership of the forum. calm down dear.

If it is wrong I will find out ????? Brill :) So, what's the answer to my question on whether you feel you are competent to carry out work for people? Daz

Thread closed!!
Crack on then.
You have a number of options.
Either it will work or it won't and something will go bang.
Either you'll be ok or you'll die a painful death or burn down the building killing everyone in it.

Thread closed!!

now surely any testing you carry out before energising the circuit will tell you if it will work.

you do know how to test electrical installations don't you?

If it is wrong I will find out ????? Brill :) So, what's the answer to my question on whether you feel you are competent to carry out work for people? Daz
Hi daz,
i feel fine working for people. I didn't realize that a simple question would cause so much hassle. When I said I'll find out, I meant when I test it.
Im just funny in the sense that even if I think I may be right, I will still ask the question just to be sure. It's just me being thorough with my thinking. Maybe some of my old bosses ---- has worn off on to me, but I hate doing things twice.
Cheers

Hi daz,
i feel fine working for people. I didn't realize that a simple question would cause so much hassle. When I said I'll find out, I meant when I test it.
Im just funny in the sense that even if I think I may be right, I will still ask the question just to be sure. It's just me being thorough with my thinking. Maybe some of my old bosses ---- has worn off on to me, but I hate doing things twice.
Cheers
looks like thats exactly what you may have to do though to gain any credance here....lol...

Thread closed!!

Nah thats wrong, i'd put the blue into L1!

Reply to 1 switch, 2 fluorescent fittings in shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back