Discuss 100Ma Rcd main switch On TPN board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

hasel5

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Got a quick question for you

Been to a dilapidation job today and have the following

TNS-C 100A supply in a Build from 2008 with a 12 way TPN board

Main switch is A 100A 100 MA 4 pole RCD

No 30 MA RCD protection to any outgoing circuits.

So if any circuit has a earth fault whole board goes out lol

Thinking as coding as a C3 on the report

Any thoughts

Regards Nick

Have you enquired as to whether it suffers nuisance tripping. I probably wouldn't Code it at all.

Would fault protection to all circuits comply without it, take it away you will lose the protection it offers. I would comment that additional 30ma protection isn't provided where it may be required or that there is no division of circuits but generally I would not comment on the latter

Last edited:
Thinking 2008 being start of 17th so maybe cables buried in walls with no earthed metallic protection is a possible Plus socket outlets ?

what's the earthing system? if it's TT that may be a reason for the 100mA RCD.

An office block probably shouldn't have a 100mA main switch fitted as disruption of power can be a big problem for servers etc. I would just put it as a comment of the installation as its not against any regs so couldn't really see it being a code 3

Reply to 100Ma Rcd main switch On TPN board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock