Discuss 100ma RCD TNS - Condition Report in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've recently done a condition report at a property that has a 100ma RCD as the main switch... Never seen this before.. Would this be recorded as a C3? as its not protected by 30ma RCD? or would it be classed as a C2? Its an old installations (Old Red & black cables)

Thanks in advance!

As a tick box on the condition report is 'Provision of additional protection by RCD not exceeding 30mA'

Might be really thinking outside the box.. But worth knowing for the future...

Thanks for quick reply

Are you saying there is no main switch in the consumer unit? Do you know if it is the DNO's property or is it part of the installation?

Well @Risteard I don't quite know how you know there is a main switch as in, in the consumer unit and the RCD is separate or is it in the consumer unit. It is not clear to me from the OP's write up. That is why I was asking, i.e. is it a stand alone RCD with a main switch in the CU or...?

Reply to 100ma RCD TNS - Condition Report in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

See this time after time - poor installation: new split load board on a re-wire tt installation. The main switch is not a time delay rcd. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a property that I was looking to rent out. Its 12 years old property so relatively new. I had a EICR done from a qualified electrican...
Replies
Views
Hi I posted recently about a hot tub supply I was needing advice with. One reply I got was directing me to a video by dave savery. Having...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm new here. I have just finished my NVQ and waiting to do my AM2. I have a question on selectivity as it has always slightly confused me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock