Discuss 10mm cable crimps or screw connectors in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rob

Control System Engineer
Respected Member
You wont find insulated crimps at 10mm, just use heat shrink.

What do you mean by screw connectors? Like din rail terminals? Loads of those about.

OP
the pict

the pict

Forum Mentor
Ta I use heat shrink at present, by screw connector I'm mean like strip but beefier, when I feel like it needs a bit more security ie on the vertical I cut the brass inards from a henly and insulate
Pict

Rob

Control System Engineer
Respected Member
Ta I use heat shrink at present, by screw connector I'm mean like strip but beefier, when I feel like it needs a bit more security ie on the vertical I cut the brass inards from a henly and insulate
Pict
What are you mounting them in? Or are you just leaving it insulated floating?

I'm imagining just big chocblock with insulation tape wrapped round.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but there are better ways to joint a cable.

davesparks

Forum Mentor
Pict
Surely you are restraining the cable suitably where it is joined anyway? Whether it's crimps, a butchered henly block or anything else you should not place the joint under stress.

OP
the pict

the pict

Forum Mentor
Crimps I do not trust on the vertical, and what half witted looney would not support 10mm or any other cable vertical or not,

Rob

Control System Engineer
Respected Member
Crimps I do not trust on the vertical, and what half witted looney would not support 10mm or any other cable vertical or not,
A well done crimped connection is superior to a screw connection.

An if your supporting the cable and joint, what difference does it matter if it's vertical or horizontal?

OP
the pict

the pict

Forum Mentor
personal preference, supported top and bottom of the joint, slack between on the vertical , either side and on the joint if horizontal, and I am not talking grey cable clips,

Electrician Talk