Discuss 18th Edition Online - Including Exam - £240 - Throughout UK in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Is it possible to just do the exam and not the course?

That would be my preferred option too as I'm fed-up having to shell-out hundreds of pounds and lose hundreds more as the consequence of having to take two or three days off work. I'm sure I won't be the only one who has these issues.

I wonder just how much of 18th edition course will contain content that we already studied when we did the 17th edition course. I'm more than happy to study whatever additional 18th edition material I need to study in my own free-time then go to straight to the exam if at all possible. I don't particularly fancy sitting in a classroom for three days re-learning what I already know and paying for the privilege.

Does one have to do the exam? Surely being aware of the changes, working by them and having the book is evidence that you know what you are doing! If you work for yourself, does your scheme have any right to demand that you have a ‘qualification’ even though you could demonstrate in your assessment that you know the changes and are practicing them?

We seem to be in a lemming type movement of spending money, our hard earned money, for a course on how to use an index (I know it’s been said before but as I’ve got 2382-15, I have a right to say it!)

Totally agree and appreciate with the many comments made, however, we do not make up the rules and even though there are minimal changes from the 17th to the 18th edition, candidates will still need to sit the full two hour exam as there is not an update exam as there was from 16th to 17th edition in 2008. Therefore, even though some centres are offering an update course, you will still need to sit the full two hour exam...

We have put together a full course on the 18th edition which will be suitable for those who are already familiar with the 17th edition amendments etc and for those who are not. We are offering this at a reasonable price of £240 which includes exam at over 30 locations throughout the UK. We offer many more locations to take the exam than our competitors and offer a real alternative to many other reputable training providers who offer fewer centres to take the final exam.

Yes, it is in fact "for only" £240 plus vat.

There are cheaper alternatives and many more much more expensive alternatives, you decide. However, we have a proven track record of over 99% success rates based on the earlier 17th Edition and we believe we have priced this very competetively whilst offering over 40 locations throughout the UK to take the final exam.

Hi, we are not going to state that no one has failed if this was not the case. We cannot possibly rig the results as the candidates are taking the exams at various locations throughout the UK and we have absolutely no control over the exam results etc.

100% success rate is what we have to date with independent exam centres throughout the UK.

I should add when I did my 17th (10 year ago, crikey!!) , just after I hit submit on the test the examiner said don't hit submit until I have seen you to review your answers.

Lovely way to treat a forum sponsor!
Sorry wasn't aware they got special attention for ambitious claims. 100% pass rate, sorry but I'm dubious to that as plenty of plonkers will be sitting the course, as well as plenty of knowledgeable folk that will breeze through. 100% pass rate...no chance.

Hi, we are not going to state that no one has failed if this was not the case. We cannot possibly rig the results as the candidates are taking the exams at various locations throughout the UK and we have absolutely no control over the exam results etc.

100% success rate is what we have to date with independent exam centres throughout the UK.

If you are telling me you haven't had at least one person through the doors that is a plonker, then I believe it even less. You could be an epic trainer and tutor, but you always have the plonkers, and even some that want to fail as well. You could have plumbers, builders, time served sparks, Electrical Trainee, or DIY folk. 100% pass rate - that's total pie in the sky unless the answers have been moderated.

Reply to 18th Edition Online - Including Exam - £240 - Throughout UK in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net