Discuss 18th Edition Online - Including Exam - £240 - Throughout UK in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

At the end of the day it is a multiple choice exam with 60 questions over a two hour period. As long as you prepare for the exam this should not be a difficult task for you to achieve. The 100% success rate is what we fully expected from the course that we have developed. If it was any less than 95% then we would have asked serious questions of our development team. However, it is what it is and we have exceeded our target to date and can only feedback what we have achieved to date.

It is still early days as we have only been offering the 18th Edition Online Course and Exam since July 2018 and have only had around 300 candidates to date that have successfully achieved the 18th Edition via our online learning platform. We also have many more candidates that are currently working their way through the 20 hours or so online learning material and they will be taking their exams in the near future.

At the end of the day, we are not claiming any miracles, we are simply stating that we have developed an online course that allows candidates to study in their own time, take an exam at their preferred location and avoid the unnecessary expense and inconvenience of attending a one and/or three day course of study that is determined by the course provider. The alternative that we offer allows the candidate to choose when and where they study for the exam and also allows them the flexibility to choose when and where they will take the final exam.

What's the point of an exam where nobody fails, if not to make money?

That's not a personal attack on XS Training, but the system is completely flawed. All about making money off the back of sparks, under the guise of being about safety.

If they made it harder people would moan about that. It's only a basic regs course in which you navigate a book. Non sparks do this course too. I'm just gonna do the exam with no additional training.
If you want to see C&G courses with high failure rates, look at the proper old 2391-10 T&I or the current 2396 Design Course :)

I did the 2391-10 so know all about that. A good course in my opinion. Taught me a lot and you only passed it you were good enough to pass in my experience. A lot in my class certainly didn't.

An exam is only worthwhile if it sorts out the competent students from the incompetent. That's the whole point of it. You can't moan it's too hard if it's set at the required standard.

My gripe with the 18th edition courses is they are incredibly easy for an experienced sparks. Easy enough that incompetent sparks/kitchen fitters/diyers can muddle their way through with their hand being held by a training provider only interested in pass rates, not level of competency.

What's the point of an exam where nobody fails, if not to make money?

That's not a personal attack on XS Training, but the system is completely flawed. All about making money off the back of sparks, under the guise of being about safety.
If you are telling me you haven't had at least one person through the doors that is a plonker, then I believe it even less. You could be an epic trainer and tutor, but you always have the plonkers, and even some that want to fail as well. You could have plumbers, builders, time served sparks, Electrical Trainee, or DIY folk. 100% pass rate - that's total pie in the sky unless the answers have been moderated.

Don't forget that you only need 60% to successfully complete the 18th edition so not that hard to believe really..

Where is the centre in the North East please?
List of centres are below

Aberdeen, Basildon, Belfast, Birmingham, Bracknell & Wokingham, Bradford, Brigg, Bristol, Burgess Hill, Bury St Edmunds, Cardiff, Cumbria, Dudley, Dundee, Edenbridge (Kent), Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Harlow, Hastings, Liverpool, Leicester, Luton, London (Aldgate East, Barking, Camberwell, East Ham, Finchley, Isleworth, Northolt, Stratford, Watford), Maidstone, Manchester, Neath (Port Talbot), Northampton, Nottingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Reading, Redruth, Sheffield, Stockton, Stoke-on-Trent, Welwyn Garden City, West Bromwich.

If you would like to find out more then please visit 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations Online Course | XS Training - https://xstraining.com/18th-edition-online/ More centre locations will be added on a weekly basis.

Reply to 18th Edition Online - Including Exam - £240 - Throughout UK in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net