Discuss 1way 3gang in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

in a 1 way 3 gang switch with only 1 live input in can i join 3 common wires together in 1 switch in UK

As there is only one live wire , it must be one circuit within a single phase installation. I suspect it is a lighting circuit.
So if I understand you correctly, you want to provide a live common to each of the switches from one permanent live conductor?

As there is only one live wire , it must be one circuit within a single phase installation. I suspect it is a lighting circuit.
So if I understand you correctly, you want to provide a live common to each of the switches from one permanent live conductor?
am i bad, the house lights are currently a 3 gang 1 way, 3 common 3 L1 and earths, the new switch i have has 3 L1 but only 1 live (common input)
[automerge]1594253052[/automerge]
3 common wires or 3 common connections?
am i bad, the house lights are currently a 3 gang 1 way, 3 common 3 L1 and earths, the new switch i have has 3 L1 but only 1 live (common input)

picture wouldhelp.from your description it lookslike the switch is already configured with 1 Lin. try feed into L, and then each output in L1,L2,L3, respectively.

Sounds like terminals you might get on a Wi-fi switch??
pictures, please.

we’re stabbing in the dark here
sorry im not good at explaining things, pic of old awigch, and new remote switch with only 1 Live in, do i just chocolate block 3 together and take 1 to the switch, thanks for all your help in advance dazza

Attachments

• IMG_20200710_203610.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200710_203703.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 30
sorry im not good at explaining things, pic of old awigch, and new remote switch with only 1 Live in, do i just chocolate block 3 together and take 1 to the switch, thanks for all your help in advance dazza

Attachments

• IMG_20200710_203610.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20200710_203703.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 20
First thing I might do would be to make sure that each feed and switch line was on the same fused/MCB circuit. This is reasonably easy to check. If not then you would not be able to share the live feed across each switch feed supplying each lamp.
As seen from the first diagram you have a 3-plate system.

what he said^^^^^. iff all those browns in the commons are on the same MCB, just connect all 3 into L your outs on L1,L2,L3. if you can't get 3 in the terminal, wago and fly lead. make sure earth goes to metal faceplate if applicable, and stress, they must all be on same circuit/MCB.

please
what he said^^^^^. iff all those browns in the commons are on the same MCB, just connect all 3 into L your outs on L1,L2,L3. if you can't get 3 in the terminal, wago and fly lead. make sure earth goes to metal faceplate if applicable, and stress, they must all be on same circuit/MCB.
thank you all very much, its absolutely brilliant works a treat, and i only cut off half the street lol, no only joking its truely gteat, thank you once again.
now if anybody is up for an impossible challange with a dyson tower fan motorwith no schematics (no unit pcb or anything ) just the motor and eight wires coming out of it, let me know lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_192546.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 19
it's a dyson. bin it. they are deliberately made to be urepairable and throw away. in my ignorance, i once stripped one... needed a new set of carbon brushes, about £3. dyson refused to supply, but they could sell me a new motor for £90 + VAT. rip-off merchant. no wonder he's a millionaire.

it's a dyson. bin it. they are deliberately made to be urepairable and throw away. in my ignorance, i once stripped one... needed a new set of carbon brushes, about £3. dyson refused to supply, but they could sell me a new motor for £90 + VAT. rip-off merchant. no wonder he's a millionaire.
i bought a boxfull of brand new discontinued motors for the tower fan from dyson for £3 each, a bargin, i want to repurpose the fans into a giant fan, just for a giggle, and something to do while im furloughed, but i carnt find out any info on wiring for them

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_235504.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200711_235608.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200711_235755.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 14
i bought a boxfull of brand new discontinued motors for the tower fan from dyson for £3 each, a bargin, i want to repurpose the fans into a giant fan, just for a giggle, and something to do while im furloughed, but i carnt find out any info on wiring for them
i wasn't expecting 300v, as for H1, 2, & 3 and W1, 2,&3 i havnt got a scooby do.,

Attachments

• IMG_20200712_014259.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 11
They do strange things Dyson. I wonder if it's a stepper motor?

Reply to 1way 3gang in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net