Currently reading:
2391 Inspection and Testing Course

Discuss 2391 Inspection and Testing Course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Paul_McSherry

Hi everyone new to the board, currently intrested in sitting this course at my local college just about to become a time serverd spark hopefully by febuary and would like to find out general things about the course and the course-exam

Cheers

Hi Paul, welcome!
The 2391-10 is a very good course and the qualification is appearing in more and more vacancy ad's.

The course demands a good knowledge of Guidance Note 3 for the theory exam and a sound knowledge of testing procedures for the practical.

Get GN 3 and the City & Guilds 2391 exam success book and put some work into it-anyone that just turns up at college but does nothing between sessions will probably struggle!

Good luck!

yeah second IQ

also plenty of practical experience litterally if possible follow someone who is vastly experienced in inspection and testing round and take plenty of notes

I followed an approved spark round for best part of 2 years before attempting 2391 i passed practical no problem that was fairly straight forward and am awaiting results for written exam its so difficult in as much the examiner has to enterpret your answer as best they can and even though you may have known the answer if you havent shown the correct level of competence they will not award the marks !!

But it is becoming more and more important to have this qual nowadays more and more ask for it as a basic

Thanks for the input guys, i have ordered both the exam success book and guidance note 3 books, but going on to the point about the practicial side of the course i have recently being paid off so i will find it hard to follow a tradesmen due to the circumstances... but i keep in contact with one of the testers from my squad so hopefully they can keep me right.

thanks for the video great help as i am sitting my 2391 on the 10 feb i would like to thank everyone who have made the time and effort for putting the information on the forum as i have have had loads of information out of it, as i am not yet in the the trade done ele foundation part p 17th edition and starting my 2392-10 next week and the 2391-10 the following week. if anyone has some recent exam papers let me know thanks Kenny.

hi could you tell me the isbn numbers for the Iee guidance note 3 also city &guilds 2391 exam success book ( i belive its by cristophers kitchers? i could be wrong as im new to all this thanks)

Can't help you with the ISBN numbers mate but if you went onto amazon and just typed in GN 3 and 2391-10 exam success then that will take you straight to the books.

Chris Kitcher wrote the practical guide book to testing and inpecstion and is also a good book you can get on Amazon by just typing in Chris Kitcher

Your a star, its bad enough trying to get my head around all this so im going to need all the help i can get & you have done jus that. cheers m8

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys
Need advice please I am a 54 year old maintenance electrician I passed my practical exam but failed the written part I am thinking of giving the written exam another go.I was on the web looking for additional training resources and came across a company advertising a CD it was £44 as a download or £55 to purchase the CD has anyone used a cd like this before & are they any good ?
Thank you
novolts

Reply to 2391 Inspection and Testing Course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back