Currently reading:

Discuss 2391 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Do any of you know if the 2391 course is available anywhere. I know its been replaced with the 2395 but i've geard that its a dumbed down version. Most companies are still advertising for 2391.

I may have been a very bad BOY!!!!lol
But the 2330 has been replaced by the 2365...I think!
But you are correct....I wouldn't take this qual again unless I NEEDED it to further my career.

BTW, when I achieved the 2391 I was buzzing my t1ts off!!! This was the pinnical of being a sparky from what I was told. And when I speak to others sparky's, this is the first qual I mention because it is held in such high regards. But things change and we have to move on. The 236 is still a high qual but its no longer available, I think the equivalent is the 2330 with the 2356.

Jay

None of the course numbers i quoted above are still available, shame they aren't (with a bit of tweaking to take in the updated Regs etc that is) ...lol!!

Both qualifications are level 3 ?
surely the exam content /questions will be the same therefore the answers will be the same.
The only difference I can see is the format ,
obviously cramming the whole subject into one sitting as with the 2391 is going to be harder mainly because of peoples stress levels

I think this was exacerbated by the failure rate which was in my opinion down to unprepared candidates taking this exam, and not the level of difficulty,
thats an opinion formed from the other guys on my course some of whom it was their second or third time and they still didn't know basics.

I was told the exam was level 3 same as 2360 so I knew it was passable it was simply a case of revising the subject properly, if its not prepared for correctly that'll mean a fail regardless of course number.

I think the main cause of this upset is the fact that the new course has a multichoice section which surely will only be the same as the first 15 q's in 2391 ,

although I don't agree with multiple choice questions I can see the argument that it shouldn't necessarily be a memory test
but I don't think prompting the answer to someone who's going to take a few lucky guesses is right either.

Both qualifications are level 3 ?
surely the exam content /questions will be the same therefore the answers will be the same.
The only difference I can see is the format ,
obviously cramming the whole subject into one sitting as with the 2391 is going to be harder mainly because of peoples stress levels

I think this was exacerbated by the failure rate which was in my opinion down to unprepared candidates taking this exam, and not the level of difficulty,
thats an opinion formed from the other guys on my course some of whom it was their second or third time and they still didn't know basics.

I was told the exam was level 3 same as 2360 so I knew it was passable it was simply a case of revising the subject properly, if its not prepared for correctly that'll mean a fail regardless of course number.

I think the main cause of this upset is the fact that the new course has a multichoice section which surely will only be the same as the first 15 q's in 2391 ,

although I don't agree with multiple choice questions I can see the argument that it shouldn't necessarily be a memory test
but I don't think prompting the answer to someone who's going to take a few lucky guesses is right either.
covered this at #51

Reply to 2391 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back