Discuss 3 phase contactor upgrade in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lewrssll

Afternoon guys,
I have got myself a little pickle.
I went to machine today and a fuse on the supply to the machine is blowing. I think I have soured the fault to the faulty coil on my contactor I am going to replace it with this
http://docs-asia.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/1020/0900766b810201c1.pdf

pic of contactor

with the appropriate over load plugged into the bottom. the question I have is, what do terminals C and D do? is that the 36v coil conections? or a NC/NO switch....im only 31 and this contactor I very old and no manual to the machine

thanks
Lewis

Do you own a multi-meter. Quick continuity check will show if it's N/O or N/C or even the coil.

I have to ask though, if you've no experience with gear like this. Why are you working on it?

Why do you think the coil is at fault?... a faulty coil is rarely an issue with blowing one of the supply fuses unless its burnt out to which you would know about it with the tell tale stories of loads of smoke and a strong smell that still lingers.....

Please leave alone, you are well in over your head and its best to put your hands up to it than make a costly error or even making a wirng mistake which could compromise the safety of the control system.

What’s your role in this?

Like the others I don’t think you should be should be touching this as it’s beyond your capabilities.

My reason for saying that is quite simple. If you know what you’re doing you wouldn’t have asked the question.

Reply to 3 phase contactor upgrade in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I have two three phase sanding machines that both have there own contactor start up. Both work fine. I have connected a dust extractor...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi, we are converting old farm buildings to commercial units, and as my father used to run a vacuum pump and compressor in his dairy I always...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping this is in the correct forum. To start, I acquired a film processing machine that runs on 3 phase. Now before getting the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, This is a great forum, a big thank you to all those that made it possible, I hope you good people can help me: I have a 3 phase 10HP...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock