Discuss 302 principles of electrical science written exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not Shirley again
leslie-nielsen-funny-quotes_frank_drebbin.jpg

You will no doubt have questions on resistors in series and paralell. Questions which will require you to transpose ohms law in its various conjugations. Perhaps adiabatic equation. Volt drop usually figures in principles. I should imagine Kirchovs law may pop it's head up with transformer windings and input output calculations. Identification of systems such as TN TT IT with diagrams. I guess bit of power factor. Rho x L / A for resistance and no doubt some question around resistivity involving capacitance and inductive properties of copper etc. Just a guess mind you. But I think they are the core areas of basic electrical science so I imagine you should know those areas quite well in order to pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
That exam is a complete B'stard, the hardest exam in that part IMHO. Suggest you just learn everything which is contained in the C&G course book for that unit as most of it will be covered, use the following simulator for practice.
C&G 2365 - 302 Practice questions for the Principles of Electrical Science written assessment | -----------.co.uk - http://www.-----------.co.uk/2365_Unit302/2365_Unit302_test_simulator.php
On a positive note everything after that unit is fairly easy!

sparkyfact website have some mock exam papers to try your self on. But generally as above if you have been paying attention and understood the course materials you will pass. May I recommend Andrew Butler Electrical formulae for revision. It has all the sums you would have to do regarding basic electrical science that electricians grapple with in exams but not so often in day to day doings.

That exam is a complete B'stard, the hardest exam in that part IMHO. Suggest you just learn everything which is contained in the C&G course book for that unit as most of it will be covered, use the following simulator for practice.
C&G 2365 - 302 Practice questions for the Principles of Electrical Science written assessment | -----------.co.uk - http://www.-----------.co.uk/2365_Unit302/2365_Unit302_test_simulator.php
On a positive note everything after that unit is fairly easy!

Insert sparky facts with no spaces to get that link to work. If this is the 3rd year one I agree it's really hard, it's the only exam in the 3 years that I retook. Learn thoroughly the earthing systems diagrams and how to label them, I screwed the pooch on that and it cost me the paper! We also had to learn about several types of transformers, water cooled, oil cooled, air cooled. While I was googling for it I found some good info with bad English on an Indian educational website.

Reply to 302 principles of electrical science written exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net