Discuss 4mm cable into the bottom of main switch. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

My pet hate.....Colour Harmonisation!
3 phase meter change...all grey apart from L3 load which was brown....it was grey when it was finished!
Strange thing is on CT metering all the CT wires and the sense voltage wires are red!
Couldn't agree more. Done a TPN board change a couple of weeks ago, half the blacks neutral, half phase......same with the blues. Despite the passage of time I still struggle to see how a panel of (allegedly) intelligent techies spent weeks debating it and came to the conclusion that was a good idea.

The circuit originates from the OCPD (main switch), not the 20a rcbo.

It's a little frustrating because it's one of those grey areas like multiple spurs from 1 single point and not confirming r1+r2 on minor works etc. There is no real documentation clearly outlining it's not right but we all know it's a Badgers arse

Sounds like you are inferring that a main switch and OCPD are one and the same?

No I'm saying the circuit originates from the main switch which IMO is inadequate protection. When designing circuits you choose a protective device to protect the entire circuit.

No I'm saying the circuit originates from the main switch which IMO is inadequate protection. When designing circuits you choose a protective device to protect the entire circuit.
Not necessarily. The regulations permit omission of devices for both fault current and overload current under certain conditions, such as short tails to a DB at the intake. An OCPD on the load side of those tails effectively limits the current on the supply side. The same principle allows an unfused spur from a 32a RFC when effectively the CCC of the 2.5mm is around 26a. The fact that only one twin socket is permitted means only 2x13a=26a can be drawn.

Reply to 4mm cable into the bottom of main switch. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock