Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss 4mm cable into the bottom of main switch. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Steve93

-
Trainee
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Eicr today had a 4mm T+E connected into the bottom of a main switch which went to a separate dB with 1 20amp rcbo. Then swa to a hot tub. That part is fine. What I’m unsure about is the reg I can say that the cables are not ok in the bottom of the main switch. The other dB is only about a ft away from the main one. What’s people’s thoughts on this? I know it’s rough as you like!!

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Steve93

-
Trainee
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What would you code it? If at all? It’s rough as but can’t find anything on it

D

Deleted member 9648

If the 4mm is securely terminated along with the busbar/neutral link then I cant see a non-compliance. You need to use your judgement on whether the termination is sound. The different size conductors in the terminal may not result in a sound connection

I assume the OP is referring to a standard 100a MS in a DB with a busbar and N link in the bottom
If that is the case you must question whether this is a means of connection which is condoned by the consumer unit manufacturer. Are the conductors suitably sized to withstand fault and short circuit current.

GBDamo

-
Supporter
If that is the case you must question whether this is a means of connection which is condoned by the consumer unit manufacturer. Are the conductors suitably sized to withstand fault and short circuit current.
Not using a type tested assembly as intended by the manufacturer.

C2, as it could cause poor connection and possible CU fire. Bit of a judgement call.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to 4mm cable into the bottom of main switch. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom