Discuss 89 mobile home breaker and wire gauge question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Fixwec

DIY
Reaction score
Ok so live in 89 mobile home ugh I really need lots of work but I'm on disability and I cannot afford electrician but I've been working with all kinds of cables wires and electrical probably unsafe as a kid but lol anyway there are way too many plugs on one circuit not what I'm here about tho it prompted me to look into my panel and I have a bit of a worry there is a 30 amp breaker that has the same gauge wire as the 20 amp circuit everything online is contradictory I see one thing then another I'm not 100 percent on gauge yet I'll find out tomorrow I'm just anxious about it even tho it's been thos way I didn't know so one of a few things happened either it's fine, or when I moved in I did find some breakers out it's been awhile so I don't remember what amp they were but I know the guy that was here did not do any maintenance correct it was all poorly mickey moused so I think they changed the breaker to the only breaker they had not even caring about wire gauge or anything anyway my question is basicly is there any situation where what im almost 100 percent is 12 gauge wire and should be 10 unless I'm mistaken is ok? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20220630_022451.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220630_022444.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 5
Ok so live in 89 mobile home ugh I really need lots of work but I'm on disability and I cannot afford electrician but I've been working with all kinds of cables wires and electrical probably unsafe as a kid but lol anyway there are way too many plugs on one circuit not what I'm here about tho it prompted me to look into my panel and I have a bit of a worry there is a 30 amp breaker that has the same gauge wire as the 20 amp circuit everything online is contradictory I see one thing then another I'm not 100 percent on gauge yet I'll find out tomorrow I'm just anxious about it even tho it's been thos way I didn't know so one of a few things happened either it's fine, or when I moved in I did find some breakers out it's been awhile so I don't remember what amp they were but I know the guy that was here did not do any maintenance correct it was all poorly mickey moused so I think they changed the breaker to the only breaker they had not even caring about wire gauge or anything anyway my question is basicly is there any situation where what im almost 100 percent is 12 gauge wire and should be 10 unless I'm mistaken is ok? Thanks in advance.
I can tell you this to help you out. If the cable has a white jacket then it’s going for 15 amp, yellow jacket is good for 20 amps, and orange jacket is good for 30 amps, and black jacket is good for 40 amps and u. You would have to read the jacket for black cables

Reply to 89 mobile home breaker and wire gauge question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net